Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2011 touring elite. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the car to "chirp" when you lock and unlock the doors? Like Toyota does...

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can get it to chirp when locking the vehicle by hitting the lock button an extra time. I don't know of a way to get the chirp when unlocking.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Just got a 2011 touring elite. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the car to "chirp" when you lock and unlock the doors? Like Toyota does...
No, no chirping options for any trim, there just a single horn beep when you press to lock twice. My neighbors' Toyotas "chirp" when locking and unlocking, it gets really annoying at 6:30AM :rolleyes:

See it this way, you know you don't bother anyone if you just press lock once

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No, no chirping options for any trim, there just a single horn beep when you press to lock twice. My neighbors' Toyotas "chirp" when locking and unlocking, it gets really annoying at 6:30AM :rolleyes:

See it this way, you know you don't bother anyone if you just press lock once
Ya I agree the Sienna loves to beep for everything.

About the door lock chirp, I only rigger it if I wasn't able to see the blinkers due to the sun reflecting on them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got an EX which has the same problem. Plan to go to the dealer some time later to figure things out.
Please don’t go to your dealer about this because this is not an issue/problem. He might just laugh at you and (worse) maybe not take you seriously the next time you come in with an issue.

As others have said, there is no audible confirmation of lock or unlock with ANY trim of this model Odyssey. The only thing available is the horn sounding once if you press lock button a second time when locking your vehicle.

Btw, welcome to Odyssey ownership!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I miss my '02's large up and down locking switches that made a nice mechanical "clank" when you unlocked / locked the van. No chirp needed.

As for this topic, agreed, it's not a problem.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts