Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the differences between the standard EX-L audio and the system in the EX-L- NAV? Larger disc space, 15 GB vs 2, and 17 more watts, but anything else? Any idea where in the system the 17 watts goes? Any other sound quality differences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Anyone know the differences between the standard EX-L audio and the system in the EX-L- NAV? Larger disc space, 15 GB vs 2, and 17 more watts, but anything else? Any idea where in the system the 17 watts goes? Any other sound quality differences?

Thanks!
Not sure if this helps, but even the sound system in the touring is not that great, avg at best in my opinion. The 650 watt makes a diff in our touring elite, esp for movies... etc. but otherwise I've heard better than that too. The van is pretty big inside, you need a lot of power if you want it loud.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Thanks!
I would assume the extra 17 watts gets pushed to either the subwoofer, or rear speakers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but even the sound system in the touring is not that great, avg at best in my opinion. The 650 watt makes a diff in our touring elite, esp for movies... etc. but otherwise I've heard better than that too. The van is pretty big inside, you need a lot of power if you want it loud.
I have the elite. Not sure who makes the sound system for Honda, but even with Premium Sound on Elite the sound system is avarage at best. One issue is the speakers are too small and not the best quality. For 44K Van with claimed top of the line sound system, they should have BOSE/JBL/HK/etc. do design for their audio equipment. Very disapointed and Honda definitly cut corners and saved money on sound system. Also only IPod 5G+ works with the USB interface (ie Ipot Photo or earlier will not work).

·
Registered
197 Posts

Thanks!
Not really audio specific, but you get voice control over most everything with Nav.

If you really want to know more, read the owner's manual. Pages 251-308 explains the EX-L system without Nav, and pages 318-408 with Nav.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts