Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 EXL-RES that has the auto dimming mirror installed. I was just wondering if there is a way to keep the mirror auto dimming and compass off all the time without having to hit the switch to turn it off. When I restart the van it automatically turns the mirror back on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd like that too, being able to keep the mirror OFF. Problem is, it's integral to the backup camera system display. :frown:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a '06 EXL-RES that has the auto dimming mirror installed. I was just wondering if there is a way to keep the mirror auto dimming and compass off all the time without having to hit the switch to turn it off. When I restart the van it automatically turns the mirror back on.
IIRC, there's a plug on the back of the mirror...you could detach it from the windshield and unplug it. There's a company that makes tap harnesses for radar detectors that plug into that sub harness...that's the only reason I'm familiar with it.

Edit: No camera on mine, either.

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
Mine doesn't have the backup camera in it.
You ship me your auto dimming one and I ship you my regular one and then both our problems are solved I guess? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts