Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When considering the Toyota Sienna, I fell in love with their auto-dimming, comp/temp rearview mirror. Honda--in its wisdom--doesn't offer it. Anyone put one in? They're very pricey, so is there an alternative other than the one by MITO?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I believe Chuck's mirror is a Donnelly from the first link I listed.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior, Wings West Kit and lots of other mods.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
For anyone who's still trying to decide whether to install a Donnelly ECT mirror, I've hopefully improved the description of the installation by adding several more pics of the mirror and mounts to the album.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 07-29-2001).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chuck,

On a hot day, my ECT mirror seems to have some vibration while van is moving. It does not do it when the interior is cool down. do yours have the same problem? The mirror is quite heavy compared to the OEM mirror (BTW, my OEM mirror was made by Donnelly) Anyway, just hope my mirror won't fall off since the button is glued onto the windshield.

Happy driving,

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odyfan:
Chuck,

On a hot day, my ECT mirror seems to have some vibration while van is moving. It does not do it when the interior is cool down. do yours have the same problem? The mirror is quite heavy compared to the OEM mirror (BTW, my OEM mirror was made by Donnelly) Anyway, just hope my mirror won't fall off since the button is glued onto the windshield.

Happy driving,
</font>
No, If mine vibrates, it's not bad enough that I've ever noticed it.

Can you tell if the looseness is at the point where the mirror mount meets the windshield mount? If so, with the mirror removed, pry out the wire spring from the windshield mount and form it so holds the mirror mounting "button" tighter when the mirror is reinstalled.

If that doesn't solve the problem maybe your mirror is defective and contacting Donnelly would be the way to go.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed the Donnelly ECT a couple of weeks ago and haven't had any vibration problems at all. But I agree with Chuck, if there is vibration it's probably in the mount and can be adjusted with the clip.

The installation was a lot easier than I expected with the help of Chuck's guidance - thanks!!

It's one mod that really adds three features in one installation - auto-dimming, compass, and outside temperature. Nice!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too installed the mirror, took about 40 minutes. It works great, I had purchased it for the temp/compass but really like the auto dimming feature. Recommend getting one to replace the stock mirror

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just finished installing my Donnelly mirror and a big thanks to Chuck for his pictures. The pictures with comments made the job a whole lot easier, his time and effort in assisting others is greatly appreciated. I'm afraid it took me a lot longer then some reported, a little over half a day (including time to pick up additional parts). There were no serious injuries and I don't believe I permanently alienated any relatives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts