Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a EX-L RES a month ago. The doors do not lock automatically after turning the ignition ON. I had to manually look the doors everytime. Does this happen to anyone else? Hope this is not a problem with my ody.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Odyssey does not have automatic door-locking when you turn the engine on or drive off. Some people like to have that feature, some don't. Personally I don't care for it - I have it in my Ford Taurus and it bugs the hell out of me. Given that you can't open the sliding doors unless the van is in Park anyway, that only really leaves the driver and front passenger doors.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pearsonrj:
Personally I don't care for it - I have it in my Ford Taurus and it bugs the hell out of me.</font>
Same here but, fortunately, it was a relatively simple matter to disable it on my Nav. Can't you disable this "feature" on your Taurus?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally I wish that Honda had this feature. I liked it in my Olds. The doors would lock when I put it in gear, and unlock in park (or I could proggram it however I wanted or disable it all together).

I also miss the Twilight Sentinal (Auto-on headlights). I haven't had to turn on my headlights for the last 4 years....

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
43 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaners:

I also miss the Twilight Sentinal (Auto-on headlights). I haven't had to turn on my headlights for the last 4 years....

</font>
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like auto-locking doors too. Had them on my Windstar and VW New Beetle. I can lock them manually just fine, so I can get over it. The one thing I don't like is when I have the doors locked you have to unlock them all just to open the drivers door. Most cars nowadays will let you open the drivers door with the car locked, it would just unlock the one door. Okay, a minor beef, but I don't care for the wear and tear on the lock actuators.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I hate the auto-lock feature, also. It is arrogant for a car manufacturer to decide for me when I want to lock or unlock the doors. It's annoying if I want to back the car out into the driveway, and the doors all lock for the 20-foot trip! As Car2ns pointed out, if you want to lock the doors, just press the button. Plus, auto locks put a lot of wear on the mechanism.

I owned a Buick for a short time, and the dealership could not disable the auto-lock "feature."

[This message has been edited by Steve Pert (edited 12-18-2001).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Pert:
I hate the auto-lock feature, also. It is arrogant for a car manufacturer to decide for me when I want to lock or unlock the doors. It's annoying if I want to back the car out into the driveway, ......

[This message has been edited by Steve Pert (edited 12-18-2001).]
</font>
I actually liked the autolock feature in my GC. It would autolock only if the van went over 20mph. It did not auto-unlock.

But my 02 Ody has auto doors, auto climate, etc., so I'm not complaining! --Odyman

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also miss the Twilight Sentinal (Auto-on headlights).</font>
I **really** like the concept but I've renamed this feature for my vehicle the Midnight Sentinel (about how dark it has to be before they come on). Great feature if it works properly, though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Homer:
I **really** like the concept but I've renamed this feature for my vehicle the Midnight Sentinel (about how dark it has to be before they come on). Great feature if it works properly, though.

</font>
I've been driving in my Chevy Truck before in the shade on mountain roads in the mid afternoon and the lights will come on. Even in the well lit tunnels in Pittsburgh, your headlights will come on in about 10 seconds or less...

------------------

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Car2ns:
...Most cars nowadays will let you open the drivers door with the car locked, it would just unlock the one door...</font>
I can unlock just the driver's door on my '01 EX by using the the lock "knob". Pushing it down locks all doors.

Mel

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been driving in my Chevy Truck before in the shade on mountain roads in the mid afternoon and the lights will come on. Even in the well lit tunnels in Pittsburgh, your headlights will come on in about 10 seconds or less...
</font>
I wish mine worked like that. Instead, the lights seem to come on promptly at dusk..............plus 30 minutes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Homer:
I wish mine worked like that. Instead, the lights seem to come on promptly at dusk..............plus 30 minutes.

</font>

The ones in my '00 Olds Silhoutte that I traded for my Honda would come on later than the ones in my truck, but they were still on within what I would consider a reasonable time. If I hadn't had DRL's on that vehicle, then I would have been a little more concerned...

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts