Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have had our 2009 Oddy EX-L for about a month now. My wife and the kids are enjoying it very much. However, we have an annoyance that I am hoping we might be able to fix.

The locks on the Oddy auto-lock once the car starts to move. Fair enough -for safety sake.

But when we stop the car and take the keys out of the ignition, the doors do not auto-unlock again. You have to physically hit the unlock button on either the door or the key fob. Is this normal? Is there a way to change this? On every other modern car I have driven with auto-locking doors, they unlock again when the ignition it turned off. It is pretty frustrating for passengers.

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
There is a sticky at the top of this forum that has links to your owners manual. It's a pdf file so you can save it to your pc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after trying the method laid forth in the manual 5 separate time I cannot get it to work. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ensure you have anEX-L and not an EX. After your post in March I changed mine to lock at 9mph vs when moved out of Park and to unlock when the engine is turned off vs never auto unlock.

It did take me a few(frustrating) attempts but it does work, hang in there and keep trying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also, make sure that the dash screen says, "Welcome Driver 1", or "Welcome Driver 2", otherwise you will not be able to setup any options.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, make sure that the dash screen says, "Welcome Driver 1", or "Welcome Driver 2", otherwise you will not be able to setup any options.
Is this true?

I have never seen this message ever. I have an 09 EX-L (leather, power rear door, nav, bluetooth, DVD, etc.). Where is this message displayed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried again last night. No luck.

Maybe I am missing something.
1) Go in the car, ignition off, closed door but car is still unlocked
2) Put key in ignition and turned to II
3) Foot on brake and transmission out of Park
4) Held down "unlock" side of the door lock button on drivers door

I am "meant" to hear the clicking noise after about 5 seconds and then again after a few more seconds which indicates it is time to complete the instructions, but this never happens.

Anything I am missing? I seem to be following the instructions to the letter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts