Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just returned from the mall and when she came out her 2012 Odyssey EX-l windows were down and the moon/sun roof was open. This is Michigan and 35 degrees with rain so they were all shut when she left the car. Has anyone had any experiences such as this or any suggestions as to a cause?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Might have left the remote "unlock" button pressed from more than a couple of seconds when in the purse or pocket, there are several old posts on this issue, just have to be careful with the key after parking (or while close to the car).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto Open

Thanks for the reply. I think what you're saying is that depressing the unlock button for more than a few seconds will unlock and open all the windows and moonroof. Unless this is supposed to be some type of safety feature it impresses as a design deficiency.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Correct. And no, no faulty design, that is the intention.

As per the manual:

On all models except LX:

1. You can open all of the windows and
the moonroof (if equipped) from the
outside with the remote transmitter.
Press the UNLOCK button once
to unlock the driver’s door.

2. Press the UNLOCK button a
second time, and hold it. The
passenger’s doors and the tailgate
unlock, and all four windows and
moonroof start to open. To stop
the windows and moonroof,
release the button.

·
Administrator
14,480 Posts
Unless this is supposed to be some type of safety feature it impresses as a design deficiency.
Its not a safety feature but rather a convenience feature. My old 1999 Maxima has the feature only rolls the windows down not the moon roof but I have never had trouble. Its more of a user error than a design deficiency. Several folks have this issue due to keys in the jeans or in wife's purses. Several threads on both this gen and prior gen. The prior gen only rolls down the windows and leaves the moonroof closed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ha, this happened to my wife yesterday when she went shopping. Needless to say, it freaked her out to come back and see all the windows and moonroof opened. She must have inadvertantly pressed and held the unlock button.

We've only had the car for a couple of weeks, so we are still learning all the functions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts