Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a device to permanently shut off the start/stop feature in our Odyssey. I contacted one company that makes such a device, Autostop Eliminator Autostop Eliminator - The only no-compromise solution! to see if they planned to make one for the Odyssey and received a response back that if they could get a vehicle, they would make one.

Unfortunately for me, they are located in the Fairmont, WV area and while I grew up in WV I now live in Missouri. If anybody is in the northern WV area and would be interested in letting them use your vehicle to develop a unit they will give you a device once finished for your troubles. Too bad I'm not still in the area as I'd be all over it. Some of their units, such as for the Pacifica, simply plug into the OBD II port and that's it. Then you simply use the auto start/stop button to turn it off or on but it remembers your choice and keeps it that way even after shutting off the vehicle.

The gentleman who responded was Travis Lambert and his email is [email protected] if anybody is in that area and willing to offer up your Odyssey.

·
Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
620 Posts
I was looking for a device to permanently shut off the start/stop feature in our Odyssey. I contacted one company that makes such a device, Autostop Eliminator Autostop Eliminator - The only no-compromise solution! to see if they planned to make one for the Odyssey and received a response back that if they could get a vehicle, they would make one.

Unfortunately for me, they are located in the Fairmont, WV area and while I grew up in WV I now live in Missouri. If anybody is in the northern WV area and would be interested in letting them use your vehicle to develop a unit they will give you a device once finished for your troubles. Too bad I'm not still in the area as I'd be all over it. Some of their units, such as for the Pacifica, simply plug into the OBD II port and that's it. Then you simply use the auto start/stop button to turn it off or on but it remembers your choice and keeps it that way even after shutting off the vehicle.

The gentleman who responded was Travis Lambert and his email is [email protected] if anybody is in that area and willing to offer up your Odyssey.
Excellent! Any takers in WV? We'd be very grateful.

What's odd is that mine only works sometimes... I usually always disengage it after starting the van, but at times when I purposely leave it on to test it, it only works at random. :unsure:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Excellent! Any takers in WV? We'd be very grateful.

What's odd is that mine only works sometimes... I usually always disengage it after starting the van, but at times when I purposely leave it on to test it, it only works at random. :unsure:
on my 2019 Canadian touring, it only works when the engine is warmup and all fan and A/c are off, that means in spring & fall when no heat nor A/C is needed. I leave fan on low speed to avoid stop&go.

·
Registered
2 Posts

How far is Fairmont from Martinsburg WV ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It says 2hrs 45 minutes from me.
I was going to say it's probably 2.5 hours or so. I went to college in Shepherdstown.

If we can find somebody interested in doing this, I don't know how long they would need the vehicle. That's something that would need to be asked of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone... my name is Justin, and I'm the Founder of Autostop Saver, not to be confused with the aforementioned company.

My company invented and has a patent pending on the discussed plug-and-play memory module technology. We are pleased to announce that we have already developed a device for the Honda Odyssey which will be released before year's end. We have been obsessively testing the Odyssey prototype and have logged over 10,000 test miles with it in use since March of 2019.

Please be sure to LIKE our Facebook page to get the latest updates and discount codes at launch.

Click the link below 👇

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hello everyone... my name is Justin, and I'm the Founder of Autostop Saver, not to be confused with the aforementioned company.

My company invented and has a patent pending on the discussed plug-and-play memory module technology. We are pleased to announce that we have already developed a device for the Honda Odyssey which will be released before year's end. We have been obsessively testing the Odyssey prototype and have logged over 10,000 test miles with it in use since March of 2019.

Please be sure to LIKE our Facebook page to get the latest updates and discount codes at launch.

Click the link below 👇

Hey there, thanks for stopping by with the great news...by any chance would you be able to set up a group order for us? That'd be great...

Reactions: tinman143

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, thanks for stopping by with the great news...by any chance would you be able to set up a group order for us? That'd be great...
Thanks so much for your support... we've invested significant time and effort into making our device absolutely perfect for all of you awesome Odyssey enthusiasts. :cool:

Group buys are great, but many times slow and time consuming, especially when minimums are involved. I'd prefer to spare you from spending time to organize all that. How does a 20% discount code + FREE shipping at launch sound?

To ensure you get the limited time discount code, be sure to LIKE our Facebook page. In doing so, you'll be notified of the launch and get the promised discount code. Easy peasy!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks so much for your support... we've invested significant time and effort into making our device absolutely perfect for all of you awesome Odyssey enthusiasts. :cool:

Group buys are great, but many times slow and time consuming, especially when minimums are involved. I'd prefer to spare you from spending time to organize all that. How does a 20% discount code + FREE shipping at launch sound?

To ensure you get the limited time discount code, be sure to LIKE our Facebook page. In doing so, you'll be notified of the launch and get the promised discount code. Easy peasy!

That works too! Thanks!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Can you notify here as well please?
Those of us with scarred feet from the earth crust cooling may not necessarily have a Facebook account.
Haha I'm with you... no fb here as well... just not my cup of tea to expose my life to the World and the three letter goons. To be able to literally see a persons entire life from beginning to present with that stupid timeline... then they complain when they are victims of ID theft. 🤦‍♂️ Anyway, a topic for another discussion lol.. .but yes that would be awesome if we can get notified here. (y)

Absolutely... I have added this thread to our 'Odyssey launch notification list'. :D
Thank you so much! You're the man! I'm sure the word will spread quickly and reach all corners of the earth lol.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Can you notify here as well please?
Those of us with scarred feet from the earth crust cooling may not necessarily have a Facebook account.
Love the post about Facebook account. I to do not belong to any public media such as Farcebook, Tweet not any others. Forums is all I use, I do not need to know somebody in Russia has my identity.

Reactions: unlock42

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts

Were you able to get a hold of the owners of the forum and get on the vendor list?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also interested in this. I will also need to know how this device is installed. Due to the modifications on my Odyssey, the OBDII port is already connected to another device. This device to eliminate the Auto Start/Stop will be very useful in solving a problem that I have with the current setup of my van. If it works and is installed without the use of the OBDII port, I know of quite a few others that will benefit from this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also interested in this. I will also need to know how this device is installed. Due to the modifications on my Odyssey, the OBDII port is already connected to another device. This device to eliminate the Auto Start/Stop will be very useful in solving a problem that I have with the current setup of my van. If it works and is installed without the use of the OBDII port, I know of quite a few others that will benefit from this.
Thanks for your interest. Our Odyssey device does not occupy the OBDII port. It simply plugs in behind the switch, 100% plug-and-play. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Were you able to get a hold of the owners of the forum and get on the vendor list?
My team previously reached out to VerticalScope to discuss, however, we haven't received any replies. We're excited to become a vendor once we officially launch and have product available for sale. :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts