Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to Autofair Honda in NH because the salesman told me the oddessy would be between invoice and msrp. I couldn't belive it so I went to find out. Well, The salesman didn't show up so I had a different one very nice guy but when we got to the price I told himv what the other salesman told me. He went to get the General Manager, Steve. Steve came over to clarify that the other saleman was wrong and new. He told me to leave if I didn't like it. Did I mention his name was STEVE? I can tell you right now that if my Husband was with me he wouldn't have treated me that way. I was so mad, but kept my cool. I thought it was best to get some advice from everyone here before I do anything, if I should do anything at all. What do you think?:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know if you can "officially" do anything, but I've always found that the one thing you can do to hurt any retail business the most is to not spend your hard-earned money there. I personally make it a practice to only give sales to people who genuinely care about you as a customer, or at the very least don't slap you in the face.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes, don't ever go back there again. They are just playing games with you. They will say anything to get you to goto showroom. Thats why lot of use use the internet for quotes, i don't bother with dealers that won't give me full breakdown price for walk out price of the car over E-mail. This way, you'll have the quote price on paper.

·
0 Posts
Stay away from that dealership! I wouldn't give them your business after the game playing you went through. Go shopping elsewhere:) .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definetely, don't go to this dealership. Actually, don't by the car from them, but do drive in your new Ody that you will get at a different dealer. Nothing will bug them more than to see that not only they lost a sale, but they lost it to the competitor. My friend did it once about 6 years ago with his Nissan.

Ofcourse it's some what silly, but it might give you some satisfaction.:p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting it here.
I'm in Northern NH near Manchester.
Now that I know what you went through, I won't go there!

Thanks,
Steve
:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only way to get back at them is to hit them in their wallet... :D

Don't give them your business and post/tell family/friends/other folks as possible of the games they are playing....

Also, advertise this web site via the sticker so that other people will see the posting so they can avoid them...

( wished I found this site before getting my Ody. That way, I could of avoid the Warranty rip-off that I'm trying to sort out..) :mad:

Speaking of which, how do we get the "odyclub.com" stickers????

jlin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just went to autofair a few weeks ago. Van was 3-5k over any other dealer. Gave a bad review on dealer rater, spoke with the general manager. still will never go there. Went to Boch Honda West in wesford mass and was very happy.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I tried to get a quote from Autofair in Manchester, they would not give me one. They kept telling me to come in to find out the price. We bought our last Odyssey from them. So I ended up buying from Dover Honda.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
if its a legit Honda shop then do a review online, if they get enough bad reviews from people they have to answer to Honda.
Well, I went to Autofair Honda in NH because the salesman told me the oddessy would be between invoice and msrp. I couldn't belive it so I went to find out. Well, The salesman didn't show up so I had a different one very nice guy but when we got to the price I told himv what the other salesman told me. He went to get the General Manager, Steve. Steve came over to clarify that the other saleman was wrong and new. He told me to leave if I didn't like it. Did I mention his name was STEVE? I can tell you right now that if my Husband was with me he wouldn't have treated me that way. I was so mad, but kept my cool. I thought it was best to get some advice from everyone here before I do anything, if I should do anything at all. What do you think?:mad: :mad: :mad:
when we bought our 2015 jeep we test drove them to other lots and made them aware of the competition,helped a lot, I was even asked to not spread the price we paid which was well below sticker, test drive an ody from another dealer over to STEVE and say take what I was offered or I walk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well I tried Autofair in Manchester again and they would not give me a quote for a 2016 CR-V. Probably better off after reading this thread. they told me that other dealers would change the price, and I should only trust them. HA HA.

This time we ended up at Rockingham Honda in Salem, excellent service and the quote that I negotiated before I went to the showroom was what we signed for. I highly recommend Rockingham Honda, they had even better service in buying than I had with Dover Honda when I bought my 2015 Ody.

For those in the area Boch Honda in Westford and Herb Chambers in Burlington had quotes very close to Rockingham Honda. I did not buy from either of them, but most dealers could not get close to the prices these three dealers were able to offer me on my CRV. I would expect the same on an Ody. Dover Honda was slightly higher this time, Dover Honda was great for a couple oil changes and I had no problems with them and like them as well.

As for Autofair we recently had an issue with their service department when I scheduled a service, they tried to add a product to the oil when my wife brought it in. She was confused and had to call me because she thought they were telling her she had to have this stuff added for an additional fee as well. She feels they were trying to take advantage of her because she is a woman.

This is sad, because for over a decade my wife and I went to Autofair Ford all our service (We had two fords back 20 years ago), but it all went down hill once our service advisor retired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts