Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if my 2000 is able to automatically lock the doors. My kids know how to open the auto doors. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
2000 does NOT have automatic locks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I enabled the child safety lock on my 3 year old's side of the van and car (driver side) since he's been known to attempt to open car doors while the car is in motion. My 5 year old is responsible enough.

With that said, you shouldn't be able to open the automatic sliding doors unless the gearshift is in Park.

PS. I need to check the last posting date before responding. lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the opposite problem. My kids are older now, and are responsible. I have a new 2015 Odyssey, and the manual switch to disable the child-lock is the 'up' position, and it's in the sliding door itself. When I first got the vehicle, I put the switch in the unlocked 'up' position so my kids can get out themselves. Well, that switch was dropping on its own every 1-2 days, so my son was locked in a lot, and I had to open the door for him from the front. Honda could not find the source of the problem as it's intermittent. So the dealership did nothing to fix this. I asked if they could permanently just rig it so it's in the unlocked position, but they refused to do that, saying it's a safety issue. The problem has not gone away, but has lessened, so the child lock drops maybe once very week or 2 (instead of every other day). My son knows the drill now "Mom, the child lock dropped again". I let him out, and he manually pushes the switch to the up 'unlock' position. What a great thing to have to do for a brand new car :( . I once locked in a volleyball mom who was riding with us, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts