Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen in writing where the 2002's with video systems will have aux. inputs. Anyone care to take a stab where they are located.
I have a 2002 on order and am already planning where I am going to install the VCP to supplement the DVD player.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hard to believe Honda has sent videotapes the way of 8-track tapes already with RES. I'm not ready or willing to buy a bunch of DVDs of my kids' tapes. Very interested in your ideas (and third-party outfitters) about retro-fitting a VCP w/integrated wiring.

Deposit on '02 RRP EX-L RES. #16 in line out of 42 at my dealer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would not suprise me in the least if Honda does the following: Offer a VCP player as a dealer installed option to the RES DVD system. They have to know that the vast majority of people with kids prefer videos over DVDs at the current time. It may not be offered at first, but I bet they do it after some market research. Would be nice if they thought ahead and have the stereo head unit control the VCP as well. If not, Ive seen many of them under $200 which is a heck of alot less than a small DVD player. Also possible to add a VCP with a TV tuner to pick up local channels. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Driver's Side 3rd row seat

There are auxilliary audio and video inputs on the driver's side
3rd row seat on the arm rest. Open the door on the arm rest and there they are. There are headphone jacks there also. At one time some of my backup dvd copies would not work with the Honda DVD unit. So, I put an old dvd player under the 3rd row seat and plugged it into the auxilliary inputs. For power, I bought an inverter which I plugged into the auxilliary power outlet behind the 3rd row seat. When using this setup, I noticed some slight video interference on the screen which I attributed to the inverter. Once I discovered a dvd media source that would work with the honda dvd unit, the standalone dvd player was retired.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Driver's Side 3rd row seat

charman123 said:
There are auxilliary audio and video inputs on the driver's side
3rd row seat on the arm rest. Open the door on the arm rest and there they are. There are headphone jacks there also. At one time some of my backup dvd copies would not work with the Honda DVD unit. So, I put an old dvd player under the 3rd row seat and plugged it into the auxilliary inputs. For power, I bought an inverter which I plugged into the auxilliary power outlet behind the 3rd row seat. When using this setup, I noticed some slight video interference on the screen which I attributed to the inverter. Once I discovered a dvd media source that would work with the honda dvd unit, the standalone dvd player was retired.

Amen to that, I've had my 2004 EXL RES for almost four years and I just now figured out how to beat the crappy installed DVD player. I'm piping video output from my IPOD classic through the aux ports, it was $50 for the IPOD cable, however.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Re: Driver's Side 3rd row seat

Is this true for the Oddessey without factory DVD player ??

I have 02 oddessey EX with CD player and cassate player. I do not use cassette player anymore. I have MP3 player and want to use in my Ody. How i can install auxillary input in my Ody. Have you guys have any luck installing auxillary input.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
There are many threads about "input adapters" "Blitzsafe" "P.I.E." and some others. All terms above can be used in our search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts