Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All -

I've searched the forums and the manual and can't find out what the "AUX" button means on the 07 EXL REN.

I think it operates the rear drivers side RCA inputs, but not sure.

I was hoping there was a 3.5mm input jack somewhere near the dash that I could plug my MP3 player into and play music. =)) Wishful thinking.

Thanks in advance for any help.
07 EXLREN;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks guys...found another thread here....that's weird...didn't show up in the search box....looks like you can plug in a very long RCA -> 3.5mm cord and just run it up to the driver to play your MP3 player.

Sweet!
07EXLREN

·
Registered
506 Posts
Aux stands for "auxilliary input" which is used for what you described in your 2nd post.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
But where is this 3.5mm jack? I dont see it anywhere in the dash. Is it behind the radio?
There isn't one. You use a 3.5mm to RCA adapter and plug it into the RCA plugs in 2nd row. There's a ton of volume loss using this method though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok, i dont have plugs in the 2nd row either, i dont think. Where are they? I have the EX-L w/o RES. Someone told me that behind the stock headunit is a white connection point where you plug something in there and it converts to a 3.5mm that way

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
ok, i dont have plugs in the 2nd row either, i dont think. Where are they? I have the EX-L w/o RES. Someone told me that behind the stock headunit is a white connection point where you plug something in there and it converts to a 3.5mm that way
In the OP you say you have an EX-REN (easily confused as a typo where one might think you meant EX-R&N for RES and Nav). Now you say you do not have RES. So, what exactly is a EX-REN?

If you do not have RES, you have to add a device to get Aux. There are hundereds of threads on that for several different devices. DICE, PIE, USA SPec, GROM etc would be what you would need to search on to find the posts to "Add AUX" to your non-RES Oddy.

For you, there should be a plug by the driver's kick panel to add an aux source if you do not want to open up the radio but you are right. There is a plug behind the radio too iirc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
driver's side kick panel? really? i would much rather find a plug there vs. getting behind the radio. can you elaborate on this?

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
anyone ever try something like this? seems as though it plugs right into the back of our radios

HONDA MP3 iPOD 3.5MM AUX Accord Civic CRV Odyssey FIT - eBay (item 200560738137 end time Mar-02-11 15:35:47 PST)

Not sure how this will work since it plugs into the 14-pin connector in the back of the radio. This means you have to unplug the 14-pin connector that is originally plugged into that slot, then what do you plug it into...just let it hang free in the cavity behind the radio??? Seems fishy. :huh:

You can use the iSimple ISHD571 Gateway that integrates the ipod into the radio and you can fully control/charge the ipod with the factory radio.
http://isimplesolutions.com/ipod-adapter/GateWay.asp

This is probably the best solution and you can pick one up of ebay on the cheap compared to retail.......http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-ISHD571-IPO...636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf4f47ba4

Just note you cannot use this if you have NAV, trust me, i know from a long day of radio pulling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts