Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 ex-l odyssey needed a B service, but my mechanic replaced also the cabin filter(was black...) and spark plugs(the van had trouble starting sometimes lately. total was $570CAN for oil and air filter, brake fluid flush, cabin filter, spark plugs(all), labour, tax and some other small stuff within B service and fix one heat shield..

too much? good price?
one thing is for sure, the van is making none of the noises was making previously. that made me happy. although it was not the valentines present my wife was hoping for. lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where did you get the service at ?

my 06 ex-l odyssey needed a B service, but my mechanic replaced also the cabin filter(was black...) and spark plugs(the van had trouble starting sometimes lately. total was $570CAN for oil and air filter, brake fluid flush, cabin filter, spark plugs(all), labour, tax and some other small stuff within B service and fix one heat shield..

too much? good price?
one thing is for sure, the van is making none of the noises was making previously. that made me happy. although it was not the valentines present my wife was hoping for. lol

Where did you get the service at ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
auto centennial at geary av and dovercourt rd. started going there when midtown honda wanted 330+tax for machining my front brakes....

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
About time to learn how to DIY to save your hard-earned money, tons of info in forum.

Cabin Filter $25, easy DIY
Sp plug $8-10/each, easy DIY (I posted a DIY)
Brake Flush: $6, I use air compressor, easy DIY (I posted a DIY)

·
Registered
506 Posts
In terms of a dealer cost for all of those items I think you did great.

But as CNN posted, at least several of those items are very cheap to do yourself it you feel so inclined.

Cheers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do want to do some diy, the reason i haven't done it, is cuz i live in a building and its quite cold to do it outside. me and my wife are planning to buy a house next year and then i plan to do some of the services at home. i enjoy doing DIY jobs :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts