Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are looking at this option, but can you buy the monitor seperate and what's the lowest price out there? If anyone has opinions on the quality of transmission using radio waves vs wired up system - thank you.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 7155gr:
My wife and I are looking at this option, but can you buy the monitor seperate and what's the lowest price out there? If anyone has opinions on the quality of transmission using radio waves vs wired up system - thank you.</font>
You might want to try searching the past few weeks in this section. I know there have been a few discussions on these subjects. Good luck.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try TheAutoAccessories.com site. I got a high resolution 7" roof mounted monitor made by PowerAcoustik for around $350 (it is pretty good). I also bought the rest of my system from this site (they do have package discounts) including a DVD player, VCP player, wireless headphones and wireless transmitter to play sound over the FM radio.

The entire system is real good and works flawlessly. (I paid around $750 for the equipment and $240 to Circuit City to install it with lifetime installation warranty). I am very pleased with the entire setup. (The only negative about this site is all transactions are over the net and through email - could not talk to anyone over the phone. This delays things by a day or two each time you need to contact them. Other than that, no problems).

Hope you find what you are looking for.

[This message has been edited by viskha (edited 01-26-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 7155gr:
My wife and I are looking at this option, but can you buy the monitor seperate and what's the lowest price out there? If anyone has opinions on the quality of transmission using radio waves vs wired up system - thank you.</font>
Great writeup my Marv, some comments on quality... May wanna ask him.

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000214.html

This vendor has just the screen and transmitter, though many in the club have had problems with them. My experiences have been positive, but warning you just the same.

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/3c53533200d28fb02757d8f5a506067b/Product/View/TMITRAVELTHEATER

Some other vendors probably have it if you search around...

Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 01-26-2002).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the comments!

My wife and I were at Sam's Club this morning and looked to see what Mobile Video products they carry. I already posted a new Topic for this item under " 9" tv/dvd console by Mobilevision". We did buy a Steel Horse tv tote to try out, but will return. I didn't like the height of the straps and the seats are trapped by them from adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts