Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tmi just dropped the prices on direct sales for the wireless Back Seat Theater system. For $699 you get the screen, two headphones AND the VCP. That includes tax and shipping.

They also have a portable 12V DVD player for $199 or you can buy the kit w/DVD instead of the VCP for $799.

nyvram - any feedback on how the system is working for you.

TMI's site is www.backseattheater.com

[This message has been edited by rgbigdog (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
Registered
585 Posts
Seeing as how I'm *probably* the ranking BST expert since Seahorse hasn't been around lately, I'll field these:

DVD player is tempting, but seeing as how I just talked my wife into the PS2, there's no way I'm getting rid of it now!

Here are some specs on the DVD player:

eSonic PD-200 portable DVD player (also plays VCDs, CDs, etc.) RCA out, 12V w/ auto-power cord & remote.

http://www.backseattheater.com/dvd/dvd.html

This is the best price I've seen for a portable DVD player for the car, but I'm somewhat concerned that I don't see where it takes batteries. The only other websites are in Chinese or in the UK so I can't find out any other specs regarding whether it runs off batteries or not.

Extra installation kit: $40 (includes transmitter, mounts, etc.)

Battery-powered base (to take the LCD out of car & set it on a picnic table, for instance): not yet available

Yes, the $699 price is better than the $595 at Autotoys you'd pay for the unit w/o the VCP if that's the route you're going. It would run you $750 for the total package since the VCP is $149 separately.

On another note, the backseattheater website now has much better installation docs!! There are 3 pdfs that do an even better job than I did of explaining how to install it, troubleshooting, etc.

It also appears the product is different than mine; instead of the 't' adapters, there' actually a rail now that goes between the holes you cut in the headliner. So I guess they've also improved the product for 2001; I obviously got an older product from Autotoys.

Go check it out; this is an even better deal now than it was before.

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rgbigdog:
Tmi just dropped the prices on direct sales for the wireless Back Seat Theater system. For $699 you get the screen, two headphones AND the VCP. That includes tax and shipping.

They also have a portable 12V DVD player for $199 or you can buy the kit w/DVD instead of the VCP for $799.

nyvram - any feedback on how the system is working for you.

TMI's site is www.backseattheater.com

[This message has been edited by rgbigdog (edited 09-20-2001).]
</font>
I just checked the site and the price is $899.95--is there another area to check that reflects the lower price?

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Brent, if you click on the “To CHECK PRICES or for Secure On-Line Ordering CLICK HERE”
on the home page, you get the $699 price. If you click for price on some other page, I notice you get the old price.

nyvram, how is the quality of the picture using the wireless transmission. Is it as sharp and clear as wired units?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Man, all that improvement, and still no widescreen

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered
2001 Civic EX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts