Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I just completed a successful install of a aftermarket wireless backup system on my new 2011 odyssey EX. Took me close to 4 hrs because of intermittent rain in NJ. The components used were

1) PYLE PLCM7200 7-Inch TFT Mirror Monitor with Rear-View Night Vision Camera - 68.54 (no tax + free shipping) from AMAZON.COM
2) Audiovox ACA300 Wireless Monitor/Back-Up Camera Transmitter/Receiver Kit - 29.96 (no tax + free shipping) from AMAZON.COM
3) Enercell™ 12V/10A Solderless Vehicle Adapter Plug - 5.99 + tax (Local Radioshack)

Total cost of the install - $104.92

Install was pretty straight forward.
Tap the back up light power for the video signal transmitter & the license plate camera.
I used my unused accessory port to power the lcd monitor & video receiver unit.
The only tough task was getting the video cable of the monitor to move behind the passenger side wind shield pillar.

I will write up a more detailed install procedure soon. I will also add pictures.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Posting backup camera install procedure

Hi Guys

I just completed a successful install of a aftermarket wireless backup system on my new 2011 odyssey EX...
... I will write up a more detailed install procedure soon. I will also add pictures.
It's nice of you to post your experience and install procedure so some of us can learn from it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dog, you did post this at 2:30am...

I think Pyle is good even though they are the cheapest by far. No issues with them here and I got 2 head rest monitors for $150.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dog, you did post this at 2:30am...

I think Pyle is good even though they are the cheapest by far. No issues with them here and I got 2 head rest monitors for $150.
Yeah. you are right. I should be more patient. Thats what my wife keeps telling me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been debating on getting the wireless backup camera system but I know I need one. Due to my 2 major back surgerys its hard for me to turn and look over my shoulder when backing up so I hope you're able to post pictures. I had ask my wife that this is what I wanted for Father's Day.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi Guys

I just completed a successful install of a aftermarket wireless backup system on my new 2011 odyssey EX. Took me close to 4 hrs because of intermittent rain in NJ. The components used were

1)
PYLE PLCM7200 7-Inch TFT Mirror Monitor with Rear-View Night Vision Camera - 68.54 (no tax + free shipping) from AMAZON.COM
2)
Audiovox ACA300 Wireless Monitor/Back-Up Camera Transmitter/Receiver Kit - 29.96 (no tax + free shipping) from AMAZON.COM
3) Enercell™ 12V/10A Solderless Vehicle Adapter Plug - 5.99 + tax (Local Radioshack)

Total cost of the install - $104.92

Install was pretty straight forward.
Tap the back up light power for the video signal transmitter & the license plate camera.
I used my unused accessory port to power the lcd monitor & video receiver unit.
The only tough task was getting the video cable of the monitor to move behind the passenger side wind shield pillar.

I will write up a more detailed install procedure soon. I will also add pictures.

I'm waiting for the write-up..the price is really good..

·
Registered
511 Posts
OP, definitely please do a write up since I am toying with getting and installing one. On sale at Costco for $64.

The only issue I have is how to install and wire the camera with less hassles and headaches.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm interested in the write up. I'm a newbie to this forum, so hope to learn whatever I can from you fellow Odyssey owners. A back up camera on my 2000 year model would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I m getting ready to install wireless camera on my 2011 Ody, looking at the wiring for the backup light, Black and Brown wires ? I have red and black wires from my camera, assume black to black and red to brown?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
the only question I have from this setup is - can the video go to the OEM MID display? If not, how does this clip on in the rear view mirror look like? so the rear view mirror is always on?? or you use the display as a mirror when the monitor is off? would be awesome if we could just wire this directly into the car display!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to try to install wired back up camera to my new 2012 Odyssey, which has the dash monitor but not navigation or camera. I want it to play through the monitor. Dealer wants $850, so I know it can be done. Any ideas? i enjoyed arunsam3000'S post on installing wireless version. Jaybird4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts