Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was backing out of my driveway and couldn’t see the image transmitted from the rear camera. I went out to check if anything was covering the camera, nothing was covering the camera. I had also turned my car on and off to see if the issue was still there and that didn’t work. I had later done a factory reset on the system but it was still a black screen. I have updated the system to the latest version and the Odyssey is currently at 10,000 miles. I also wanted to know if anyone else had this issue and what I should do to fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,370 Posts
21,000 Km here. All's well with my backup camera. Sounds like a hardware problem. Take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My backup camera failed at around 38,000 miles. If I remember right, it started with a black screen but then started showing "camera system failure" and would sometimes be black/white static or just black. Dealer was not willing to discuss covering any of the costs so I purchased a used camera from a junkyard and it fixed the issue. Dealer estimate for diagnosing and replacing the backup camera was roughly $500. Used part was around $90, which seemed high, but it was the only one i could find online. Camera can be removed with the right combination of screwdrivers and picks without disassembling anything else. Took about 10 minutes.

Lens on failed camera appeared to be hazy when compared to the used, replacement part. This leads me to believe that the original camera unit was no longer properly sealed and had moisture inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My backup camera failed at around 38,000 miles. If I remember right, it started with a black screen but then started showing "camera system failure" and would sometimes be black/white static or just black. Dealer was not willing to discuss covering any of the costs so I purchased a used camera from a junkyard and it fixed the issue. Dealer estimate for diagnosing and replacing the backup camera was roughly $500. Used part was around $90, which seemed high, but it was the only one i could find online. Camera can be removed with the right combination of screwdrivers and picks without disassembling anything else. Took about 10 minutes.

Lens on failed camera appeared to be hazy when compared to the used, replacement part. This leads me to believe that the original camera unit was no longer properly sealed and had moisture inside.
Hi, can you share any information you have on how to remove the rear camera? Mine stopped working just like yours and i need to replace it. Can't find the removal info anywhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue. I was 1,400 miles out of warranty so I ordered online and replaced. 5 min job and it was just a bad camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts