Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My backlight for the digital clock and for the heat and air controls stopped working so now you can only see the digital display during the day unless you turn on the interior lights. I noticed both of these issues after a collision repair was performed. They were both working after the accident. I suspect a blown fuse since the workers disconnected the battery during repairs. Does anyone know what fuse needs to be replaced/checked. I have a 2001 EX Odyssey...Thank you

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
The light bulbs are cheap, they are probably dead. Maybe from the jarring of the accident. Do a search and you'll find oodles of posts with pictures. I changed my clock light to an LED so it would last forever, there's also a post on that. Best bet is to pull the dash per the instructions and look for voltage at the bulb, if you have 12v then the bulb is bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike.......but both bulbs going bad at the same exact time? I kinda think the collision workers did something since the displays were working after the accident. Do you have any idea what fuse I can check?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
It would not be a bad fuse for the bulbs to be out and the clock works.

Try a light rap on the dash around the clock to see if it brings it back to life. If not, then replace the bulb.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
defreib said:
Does the same bulb illuminate both the clock and the AC display?
No

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys but for both bulbs to burn out at exactly the same time puzzles me. Obviously a surge could probably do that and could well be the case. I'm going to let the collision personnel figure it out since they seemingly caused the problem and if need be they will have to engage Honda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts