Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am in Australia. I have a 2017 Odyssey Vti-L (7 seater). It has cross traffic sensors and parking assist. My question is that the car does not beep when I approach objects in reverse. Is that feature not in this vehicle? If not, is it an option that I could purchase.

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Those sensors are usually installed in the bumper and you can easily see them if equipped. There are aftermarket back up sensor systems available but unless it's a factory accessory I wouldn't install it. Aftermarket equipment can mess with other electronics in the vehicle, even seemingly unrelated electronics. I've seen it first hand.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
The Odyssey you have is not sold in North America. My best suggestion is for you to go through the set up menu.
There may have been a way to turn the warning sound off. My wife's Acura RDX has the cross traffic monitor but not the parking sensors. So I think they use different sensors.

·
Registered
646 Posts
@dvpatel is it possible to create a Honda Odyssey International / VTi category in this forum, as many questions come up about this forgotten model by those of us in north america.

·
Super Moderator
13,698 Posts
@dvpatel is it possible to create a Honda Odyssey International / VTi category in this forum, as many questions come up about this forgotten model by those of us in north america.
Absolutely there is. Unfortunately, I am not blessed with that power any more. Was in the old forum but not after Vertical Scope bought it out. You want to post a request in the Feedback forum and wait for the admin to create the category.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those sensors are usually installed in the bumper and you can easily see them if equipped. There are aftermarket back up sensor systems available but unless it's a factory accessory I wouldn't install it. Aftermarket equipment can mess with other electronics in the vehicle, even seemingly unrelated electronics. I've seen it first hand.
Thanks for your prompt response, which makes perfect sense. As you can see in the photo, I definitely do not have sensors that I can see on the bumper. The car does have park assist and cross traffic alert. Does that mean that those features use different types of sensors?

IMG_1748.jpeg

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,130 Posts
Unless they are using a new technology for the parking sensors, they will have to have an exposed 'circles' somewhere for the transducer/receiver elements. The radar sensor used for cross-traffic monitoring (probably similar/same as blind spot monitoring sensors we get on the US models) are boxes hidden behind the bumper wings, below the tail lights:

Is it possible that the bumper cover was replaced, or the buttons was added to make it look like the vehicle had those features when it doesn't?

-Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts