Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought an Ody two weeks ago. Very satisfied with the car. However, the dealer makes a **** now. Any help and suggestion is appreciated.

When we bought the car, the dealer asked for ~$200 for title and registration and agreed to refund if the true cost is less. Because we had a trade-in, the actual registration cost turns out to be just $40 for transferring old plate and old registration to the new car, instead of their estimated $125. The title is about $50. So the dealer should refund us $200-40-50=~$100.

I called the dealer yesterday, one week after receiving the bill for T&R. They first said they would send me the breakdown of the cost and refund the extra. Later the day, they called and said the extra was runner's fee and would not be refunded. That's being said, they simply kept the money.

What should we do to get our money back?
1. This runner's fee is not on the sale agreement, so they should not charge us for it.
2. Moreover, on the sale contract, it is very clear that the ~$200 for t&l is under the section "Pay to others on behalf of yourself". Our understanding is: "Pay to others" means the dealer can use the money to pay DMC etc, but CANNOT use any portion of the money to pay itself. The term "on behalf of yourself" means legitimately the money is ours. Right?

Any suggestion? If we dont get my money back, we feel the dealer would be encouraged to continue to cheat money from others. As consumers, is there a way to protect ourself?

BTW, $100 does not seem a lot, but we don't make easy money and we have kids to feed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Try speaking to the manager or someone higher up. Ask him or her if they are aware of what is going on here. They are BSing you, hoping you'll go away. DON'T let them have a free meal on you. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts