Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware of the tactics used at Pacific Honda located in San Diego. They lure you in with a good deal and change it when you arrive.

For example, I was quoted $29800 OTD with special financing along with my trade. When I arrived they would not honor that price and said that was cash only. They also said that you could not combine the cash back and low APR ($1500 cash and 2.9% for 60months). They basically would sell me the Ody EX-L for full MSRP.

In addition, I was told the vehicle was in stock. It was not in stock. They wanted $300 so they could go to their "sister store" and get it.

I just walked out.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
And rightfully so, your shoes took you away. These "stealers" bait and switch tactics are representative of so much:

:bs:

IT MAKES ME SICK!!!

:ahh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
reviving a really old thread but im in the market for a new honda and I can only concur with Pacific Honda. The salesperson was really nice and a older gentleman but the the dealership management is very shady and they claim they have teh best deals but they are far from it. They also have the bogus dealer add ons like car alarm, pinstripes, diamond coating, wheel locks (oh wow!) and tack on like $2k to the MSRP. Shady tactics

·
Registered
455 Posts
NEVER accept the security system. Thats a system they pay $50 for so their salesmen dont need keys. They try and charge you $1000 to save them the trouble of removing it.
All dealers pull these things its foolish to single one out and avoid for it. Stand your ground and refuse the add ons.
Funny thing my experience with their competitor DCH in mission valley was the opposite. When it came to actually buying the car the dealership was great didnt jerk me around at all. The salesman was shady, dishonest and really hard to work with.
Management reviews all emails between buyers and sales staff, when I made the statement "I just want to buy this car at the full price you are asking, why are you making this so difficult?" the sales manager stepped in and helped close the deal with another saleswoman.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts