Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got our CPO Ody less than a week ago. They put "new" tires on it as part of the CPO process. Well, they put on the cheapest rubber they could possibly find. Not surprising really. I googled the tires they put on...Capitol Sports...and turns out they are a cheap Chinese tire. Discount Tire agreed with me. He also said they were cheap Chinese tires made in China by Beijing Capital Tire Co., Ltd., an independent tire manufacturer.

They went down the road terribly. Entire vehicle would shake at speeds >60mph and the road noise resonated. Thank goodness it did not rain when I had them on.

Went to Discount for new shoes. Put on new Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring tires, OEM size. Night and day. No more steering wheel shimmy or severe pulling to the right. What a relief. Quiet and WAY more comfortable. Posts in this forum helped me make the decision, so thanks everyone! I will review these tires as I put miles on them.

So please avoid Capitol tires. They are REALLY cheap and REALLY bad. Spend a few more dollars and get good shoes for your Ody.

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certified Pre Owned
sorry for the acronym and thanks dvpatel for the clarification. CPO is when the stealership certifies with additional warranty and puts vehicle through a rigorous inspection...and I say rigorous loosely. Just a little more piece of mind for the buyer. For me, knowing all the service history was a key piece of info the CPO provided and also knowing that they were the only ones to wrench on the Ody. It's just that the tires were garbage. No complaints otherwise!

·
Registered
127 Posts

I always install and balance my generic/cheap tires @ discount and they will balance it with higher speed balancing machine. I never had any vibrations around 60mph. It's all about balancing.IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts