Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a new Odyssey ad in a financial magazine I subscribe to. It has a young couple looking to a new Odyssey, approaching it with the auto door strategically placed wide open - hiding the new jagged beltline! Too funny!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree - the new ads are really funny. It's interesting to me that they are having to advertise for them at all.
It's the first odyssey commercial I can remember seeing...as in the past they tend to sell themselves.

With the Sienna - I think they have had to step it up.

....but yes, I think that it looks like someone created these commercials with Windows 95 powerpoint & crayons.

+1 on the ugly @ sliding door rails + goofy looking rear windows.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I recall some ads when the 3rd gen arrived and it was talking about the amazing 28mpg fuel economy..... That factored into my decision to trade out of a gargantuan SUV for a gargantuan "mini" van. We typically average close to EPA hwy on our vehicles so I figured we could average at LEAST 25mpg with this :D :D :eek: :duh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I could too....if I were on an oval test track with a tail wind, the seats removed, and a fuel cell....using cruise, no A/C, head lights off, a fresh oil change, and a light breakfast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just made a 270 mile drive from north Georgia, through Atlanta, to south Georgia. Full tank of gas, me and one passenger, rear area filled with about 300 pounds of cargo, and I averaged 27.1mpg.

I made the same drive the weekend before, without the cargo, but my two kids, and I was averaging 28mpg before downtown Atlanta turned into a parking lot...

So far, I think the EPA ratings are accurate.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Wow, that's about as good as it gets for MPG under real world conditions.

I did a trip from Houston to VA, and some tanks were Fill, entrance ramp to interstate, pull over for lunch, Fill tank. No city driving, averaged about 24 ,but AC was blasting (was about 100) 4 passengers and luggage, going about 70-74.

My old van averages - mixed driving mind you - 22-23 and hits 26-27 highway, but you can't compare quality of ride, power, etc... I kept waiting for a turbo diesel minivan or hybrid, but did not come fast enough ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts