Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please look at some pictures I finally managed to make:

http://public.fotki.com/dpody/

What do you think? Is that worth complaining to Honda, or "market-acceptable", as Honda rep said (being not able to see anything in the then light conditions)?
Note the main object there - the circular cloud around the right nozzle.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DP:

What do you think? Is that worth complaining to Honda, or "market-acceptable", as Honda rep said (being not able to see anything in the then light conditions)?
</font>
The frontal flash washes out the photo, minimizing contrast and making it hard to see. Are the imperfections visible with side lighting? Could you rig some lights that way?

If image A100-0007 is indicative, the blemish doesn't look good and would be worth getting fixed.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would take it in to complain to the dealer. I can definitely see two round blotches around the wiper sprayers.

[This message has been edited by LHOdy (edited 11-11-2001).]

·
Registered
196 Posts

</font>
DP,

"Market-acceptable"? Which market? I don't think so. If it is so market-acceptable, then get Honda to guarantee the "then current" Kelly blue book value when you decide to trade it in. If you don't your dealer will turn the other cheek and claim that he can't possibly give you market value because he can't re-sell it with the lousy paint job.

Yes, you should definitely complain to Honda.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Looks pretty bad to me. I mean it looks like a person with a manual spray nozzle stopped in one spot and let paint build up in that one area! This is not the way any kind of factory auto finish should look like. In fact, if an auto body repair shop did a paint job like that, I'd make them redo it in a sec! I'd complain to the dealer, Honda, etc..
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow it looks like you and I have the same problem! I thought it was my eyes playing a joke on me but it is true. I also noticed that my same color as yours have these minor paint dust specks throughout my 2002 ody as well. Let me know what kind of response you get from Honda!!

Allen

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2001 SS EX has the same type of cloud in the paint on the hood. Mine is in the same spot - on the left side of the hood though. I noticed it right away the night I took delivery. The salesman had the detail guy assure me that the funny looking spot in the paint was due to the humidity under the plastic shipping wrap, and that it would disappear after a day or two. For some reason I believed him. That was 8 months ago, and the cloud is still there. I love our Odyssey, but probably would not buy another Honda product. For $28,000+ I would expect better.

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new jersey:
My 2001 SS EX has the same type of cloud in the paint on the hood. Mine is in the same spot - on the left side of the hood though. I noticed it right away the night I took delivery. The salesman had the detail guy assure me that the funny looking spot in the paint was due to the humidity under the plastic shipping wrap, and that it would disappear after a day or two. For some reason I believed him. That was 8 months ago, and the cloud is still there. I love our Odyssey, but probably would not buy another Honda product. For $28,000+ I would expect better.</font>
Just curious, why don't you take it back to the dealer for a re-paint? I mean, stuff like this is unacceptable from any car company. Part of the reason that Honda can get away with this is the fault of consumer for taking things "as is". So take responsibility and complain to the dealer!

·
Registered
564 Posts

What do you think? Is that worth complaining to Honda
</font>
WAY yes.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts