Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a "mid-range" Bluetooth OBDII reader to use with the Torque app on my Android phone. I don't need a $100 device, but the $10 devices just aren't cutting it.

I have one of the $10 blue mini readers that works fine in my 06 Ody EX-L and 11 CR-V EX, but won't display Coolant Temp in my 17 EX-L. I then tried a $10 HH OBD reader that was recommended as a solution to that issue in another forum, but I can't even get it to connect via Bluetooth. I tried it in the 17 ODY and the CR-V with 2 different phones. No luck. It could just be a faulty unit.

Someone mentioned the BAFX reader ($22) in the Gen 3 forum. I'm wondering if anybody has tried that in a Gen 4.

I'd be willing to spend a little more than $22, but I really don't need a $100 device like the Bluedriver. My main goal is really just to watch the coolant temp while towing to ensure that I'm using the optimal resistor in my VCMuzzler II and to check codes should any occur.

Thanks for any suggestions you have to offer.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,054 Posts
I don't know about this BAFX device but I can tell you that you don't have to put Blue Driver up some kind of pedestal because of its price. It can't display the ATF temperature either.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about this BAFX device but I can tell you that you don't have to put Blue Driver up some kind of pedestal because of its price. It can't display the ATF temperature either.
I hear ya, but the ATF temperature wasn't what I was referring to.

The mini OBDII reader that I have now won't display the engine coolant temperature in my 17 Ody EX-L. (The temp that the muzzler modifies to keep VCM disabled.) The same $10 mini does display the ECT in my 06 EX-L and 11 CR-V EX, but some reason the Torque app shows No Data for the ECT in the 17 Ody EX-L.

Reactions: CroMath

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,054 Posts
I hear ya, but the ATF temperature wasn't what I was referring to.

The mini OBDII reader that I have now won't display the engine coolant temperature in my 17 Ody EX-L. (The temp that the muzzler modifies to keep VCM disabled.) The same $10 mini does display the ECT in my 06 EX-L and 11 CR-V EX, but some reason the Torque app shows No Data for the ECT in the 17 Ody EX-L.
Sorry - brain cramp on my part. 😜 :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts