Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EX-L, White, Muzzled
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get this off? I hate to just start pulling for fear of breaking something. Been searching the forum but haven't found an answer yet.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
645 Posts
Don't forget to follow the other symbols:
Wear sunglasses if you have a weirdly shaped face.
Don't run with smaller children.
Read your books.
Don't play with matches.
Strange liquids will spontaneously combust on hands and rectangular objects.

Also, you have a floating positive terminal which needs to be connected...

·
Administrator
14,343 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to run that wire up underneath the Big Red Thing.
Its not easy to remove. BUT. It can be done. I have done it more than once on my 2007.

The +ve terminal needs to come off. Then, the red plastic is snapped together and you need to open it up. The small square holes are where the tabs are. It should open like a book once you get the tabs unhooked. You cannot remove it while the +ve terminal is connected to the battery. There is plastic that wraps around the actual round terminal that you tighten.

Your's is bigger than the one I have in the 2007 but conceptually, its the same. Folds open in half and held together by tabs.

Reactions: Blue Crab

·
Registered
525 Posts
How do you get this off? I hate to just start pulling for fear of breaking something. Been searching the forum but haven't found an answer yet.
Just lift the hinged cover up to access the positive battery terminal.

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle

It's recommended to always remove the cable on the negative battery terminal first (The other terminal). That way if a metal tool should touch ground there won't be a large spark and short the battery.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EX-L, White, Muzzled
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm aware of that, see comment #5. I was planning on threading the power wire for my muzzler up through the Big Red Thing, just to make things a little neater. After reading @dvpatel 's instructions, I'm thinking not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts