Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
The updated, more expensive, Mitsuba relay in the AC clutch slot won't fail. You only need one. If you put another Omron relay in there it may fail again. You want to avoid failure, though, since failure means the AC compressor stays on all the time and can cause damage to the compressor due to high pressures in addition to the battery discharging when the vehicle is off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I was looking at whatever autoparts store locally had. The mitsuba relay apparently IS NOT FOR 2008 model according to the site I went to.........
39794-SDA-A05
2008 Honda Odyssey

5 Door EXL; KA 5AT
This part does not fit the vehicle you selected:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Honda relay part number 39794-S10-003
Relay Assy. power (5p) Micro Iso (mitsuba) is the closest match I could find for a 2008.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Yes, it IS for the 2008 Odyssey. It's for virtually every Honda or any vehicle with that style of 4 pin relay. I told you it's an updated part that is better suited for the AC clutch. Whether the online diagrams show it or not is irrelevant. See the article below.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
kk I see there is a site in Canada that carries it.
www . torontohondaparts . com

Frig that, 27 for the part 25 for cheapest shipping.....

I just might call the honda dealership and see if they have that part number in stock.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
They'll have it. This is a very common problem on many Hondas.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Kind of pricey but much cheaper than major repair to the AC system and dead batteries.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Not really retail at $25US, puts it over $30 Canadian, however street price has it at $17US at the moment.
That is about $25 Cdn and considering shipping..... It was a fair price and of course I dont care that much about the cost of repairs,
compared to getting stuck somewhere without a working vehicle. Heck the reason I bought Honda is reliability.
Install of new part went smooth.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
134 Posts
Kind of pricey but much cheaper than major repair to the AC system and dead batteries.
I'm reading up on this issue and I'm wondering if you have replaced this one relay with the Mitsuba part as preventative maintenance? And there aren't many problems with the Mitsuba part?

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
134 Posts
Hmm... never mind. I'm looking at the service records and it looks like the previous owner of my van had the relay replaced at the dealer May 2019. The part number says 39794-SDA-A03. Could the dealer have made a documentation mistake and actually replaced it with the -A05? I thought the -A05 superseded the -A03, or are they still selling the -A03 at the dealer?

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
If it's a Mitsuba relay in the AC clutch slot its the improved relay, regardless of what the invoice says.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just for giggles, measured the new battery voltage, 12.54v and am doing a parasitic test over time to see the max, min. So far steady at .026 amps.
Just want to confirm I dont have an intermittent problem.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
0.026 amps is great. My guess is you don't have a problem. The AC relay would not suddenly stick on, nor would the sliding doors suddenly start a draw. They could be intermittent when opening and closing them and may sometimes have a problem and sometimes not. Hard to check that while you're doing your parasitic draw test.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Concur, my klein mm auto turns off so my 1 hour test for min max was not successful but agree nothing should be causing a drain with all off........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes, there are so many possibilities. Hopefully the most obvious (bad battery due to leaving lights and/or doors open etc) was the cause.
Testing shows no drain at the moment.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts