Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Odyssey used and it came without a manual. Recently my kids were playing in the car and left all the lights on overnight. The battery went completely dead and now the stereo will not functon. Is there an easy way to get it back working or do I have to take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
854 Posts
You need the radio code. This would, IIRC, have been imprinted on small cards that came with the vehicle when delivered new. You'll need to visit the dealer if you don't have one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look for a sticker inside or on the side of your glove box...

More info about your system... is it a navi+res system? or res? or ?

If it's the Premium system with res, turn it off, press down 1 & 6 and turn it on while holding those buttons down and it SHOULD give you two 4 digit codes... (U & D... and combined those are your stereo's serial #... you'd have to call Honda on Monday to get the activation codes... they're pretty nice...)

IF you have nav also... hold down cancel + Map + Menu (3 buttons 2 on left, 1 on right) and it will go into diagnostics mode... and you can surf through the menu's... I don't remember where, but I know I found the serial # in the menu's... you'll need both serial #'s to get your activation codes... I'd go look... but my Nav system was removed for repair... so that part of my system's not happy right now.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
The owner's manual is a STICKY up top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts