Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you’ve done an parasitic draw test and have excessive amperage on that fuse when compared to spec (or other fuses), just pull the fuse. Disconnect the battery, and go through the clock wiring and narrow down the issue to a short or maybe faulty component?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have a parasitic draw on fuse 13 (clock backup) any help would be appreciated
That is Fuse #13 in the Passenger Side kickpanel fuse box!! 7.5A

I have a parasitic draw through that same fuse. Lots of stuff on it and I haven't done a thorough enough search to track it down. if you find the culprit, let me know. How many milliamps is it drawing? Mine is over 100ma or a tenth of an amp. Here is what that fuse protects or supplies current to: Page 22-82 in the Service Manual:
1)Climate control unit,
2)Clock,
3)Gauge assembly,
4)Heater control panel,
5)Keyless receiver unit, Immobilizer indicator light,
6)Door multiplex control unit,
7)Driver’s multiplex control unit,
8)PCM (VBU),
9)Power sliding door control unit

Most suggestions for that parasitic draw on fuse#13 have to do with the sliding door control stuff.
Buffalo4
PS: Remember, if you find it let me know!!!!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should mention that you have to put the vehicle to sleep before doing the parasitic draw test so that you don’t get false readings. By that you have to open both front doors, manually latch them with a screwdriver, then lock the vehicle with the key fob so that everything goes to sleep sooner. If you were to do the parasitic draw test immediately after having closing the door, for example, you would get false readings because the vehicle will “stay awake” for a certain period of time after you close the doors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found it , my driver door was dented where it hits the switch , I guess it pushed on it enough to show the cluster the door was closed but not enough to stop the drain lol
im now at 30 milla amps so that will do lol

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Found it , my driver door was dented where it hits the switch , I guess it pushed on it enough to show the cluster the door was closed but not enough to stop the drain lol
im now at 30 milla amps so that will do lol
Great job,
How did you finally pinpoint it?
Not sure how that switch could not be totally either on or off.
Any details on that would be very welcome. ;)
Thanks,
Buffalo4

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had my dad helping me and instead of shutting the door i decided to hold it with my finger ,while he held the meter at the battery it then went from 140 milla amps to 30 milla amps
I am stoked

1 - 13 of 13 Posts