Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me - those battery indicator light. It's supposed to be green to let you know everything is OK.

Took delivery of the car on Tuesday, the salesman did the walk-around and showed me the green light. Took it home and showed the wife - the green light was off.

Called this morning for an appointment. They said "well, that light isn't very reliable, it's probably just fine."

I asked "are you going to explain that to my wife when she gets stuck?"

They said "when do you want to bring it in."

So the question: are those lights simply unreliable? According the information on the battery itself, and in the Odyssey manual, the current indication is insufficient charge. Everything seems to work just fine, though. So I believe them, but it's pretty annoying to have such a simple "feature" not work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wanted to add - I had a 96 Acura Integra GSR, and while I thought the engine looked impressive, the Odyssey's is just downright Sci-Fi. Very cool.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Those "lights" are simply built-in hydrometers - they're really not all that accurate, and many factors can affect them (temperature; recent high-amp draw; etc.). Unless you got a defective battery from the start, I wouldn't worry much about the green eye not showing. (And if you got a defective battery from the beginnining you'd know it by now - the van wouldn't be starting.) Also, after running the van for awhile it may take a while for the "eye" to recharge - check it the morning following a long drive, for example, as opposed to right after a long drive.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had battery die after 6 months on 00 EX-N. I thought interior lights were on because of slightly open liftgate, but after it occurred 3 more times within 3 weeks, took it to local dealer who changed the battery after pronouncing charging system OK.

------------------
Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts