Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got back from the "first ever" Odyclub meet and what can I say...it was really fun! There were 7 members that made it (some even brought their families) and luckily the weather was on our side that day. Much better than last week's - good thing we postponed it.

Everyone basically talked about their past n' future mods, various accessories and we all got close up looks at the 2002s. BTW, I love the leather and I couldn't stop drooling over the 240hp and the rear disc brakes. Jason (Z32) later gave some of us a test ride to see how the new suspension feels. It does feel better!

We also got to look at Mark's (MGians) totally decked out Ody. He had a beautiful sounding exhaust, a cool looking intake, and I really like what he did with the overall exterior of the van.

I also got to hear Shin John's Boston speakers which I really liked. Makes me want to finally upgrade my sound system now.

Everyone was great...it was really nice meeting them! It was also nice to put faces to all the members. I definitely would like to do it again.

Here's a pic of everyone w/ their name & UserName. BTW, there are more pics from the others members.

-Nestor

P.S. Don't mind the idiot in the middle.

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
70 Posts
This must of been fun indeed ... Thank you for the pics and for sharing this day with us!

[This message has been edited by OdyAngel (edited 11-18-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well crap. You weren't supposed to have FUN without me!

Sounded like a good time - thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks very much for the pictures. It looks like a good time was had by all.

Regards,

Maugham [whose original login disappeared this weekend - was it my feeble sense of humor?]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry I missed the fun. When can we plan another Bay Area meeting? Let's try to do one again in December. Where can I get one of those cool intake systems? I hope to see everyone for the next Sunday cruise.
Phil

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Here, here!! Great meet. Just wish it would have lasted longer....
Had to get going since they didn't have any public restrooms close by... :eeek:

Funny, my wife thought it was going to be very interesting meeting with a bunch of "minivan enthusiasts" but I think her words afterwards summed up the experience the best: "Wow, that was a really great group of people we met today!"

And there it is. It's the people that make this board a special place to visit.

I've posted a bunch of pics from my camera. I shrank all images down to 640x480. If anyone from the meet is interested in the 3MP source images, email me your mailing address and I'll burn you a CD. I think my camera shot around 15MB of pics.

The Meet

Individual Shots

Ditto on all the comments above. My favorites:

- Mark's truly decked out ody. Yow. And hey, thanks for the antenna parts, Mark! You da man!
- Nestor's videonavi conversion. Cool!
- Sitting in, riding in, and drooling over the (2) 2002s. Thanks Jason for the ride!
- Rob's Lagreat badging
- Janice and Trei(sp?) bringing their families too!

Hope to see you (and many others) again soon!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX w/Stuff

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 11-21-2001).]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow
I am speechless. What a meeting, I am jealous.

Also, MarkGians's Ody is one unique van, LOOKS as if it can swallow an IS-300-wagon in no time.

------------------

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thank you Nestor for arranging the meet, it was truly a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope Janice and family had a good time in No. Ca.
Shin John please keep us updated on the audio mods.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
Thank you Nestor for arranging the meet, it was truly a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope Janice and family had a good time in No. Ca.
Shin John please keep us updated on the audio mods.
</font>
Hey, thanks for showing up Mark! Same goes for eveyone that made it. Special thanks to Janice and her family who came all the way from San Diego!

BTW, anybody think a December meet is too soon?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
483 Posts
Awesome!!! Wish I lived in the West Coast. Can I make a request? The next time you guys meet, can you take a picture where all the vans are arranged in a semi-circle? I'd really love to use it as a wall paper.

Hey, how come Mark is taller than his van?

For next summer, maybe we can meet halfway, maybe Salt Lake or something. Oh man, I wish I was there (with the family, of course).

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
Shin John please keep us updated on the audio mods.</font>
Will do Mark. When I get at least the head unit, screen, and amps in, I'll drop you a line. Since you are so close, we could meet up and you could audition the system...

Seeya,
-SJ
(formerly known as shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, looks stock, for now...

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Hey, thanks for showing up Mark! Same goes for eveyone that made it. Special thanks to Janice and her family who came all the way from San Diego!

BTW, anybody think a December meet is too soon?

</font>
Ditto! What a drive Janice! So are we making Janice an unofficial "bay area" resident now?

I say next time, let's meet on the Peninsula, what do you guys think?

------------------
-SJ
(formerly shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kuruma Hayai:
The next time you guys meet, can you take a picture where all the vans are arranged in a semi-circle? I'd really love to use it as a wall paper.
</font>
Funny, we were going to try that very thing, but with the kids and then people needing to get going (Janice was driving back to SD that day!) we opted for the "staggered start" arrangement, since we already parked side by side.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Hey, how come Mark is taller than his van?

</font>
Mark was definitely the tower over all of us. Must make it easy for him to clean the top of his van.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
For next summer, maybe we can meet halfway, maybe Salt Lake or something. Oh man, I wish I was there (with the family, of course).
</font>
Now that would be a sight!

-SJ
(formerly shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like everyone had a good time. I am really curious about Mark's (MGians) Ody! What year is it? What performance mods do you have? Where did you get the mods? And how much power do you think they have added? I am really interested in that intake! (BTW, how much louder is that intake? On my Saturn, the intake is fairly loud.)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bruno1453:
It seems you're using a gatling gun to shoot those questions.

Ok, OK I'm interested too.
So, how about it Mark?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks guys...it was really great meeting you all too. The meet gave me more items to put on my hubby's honey-do list

We really wanted to take a closer look at everyone's van but we had to get back home.

But Mark...very nicely put together van. I love the yellow Honda wheel caps. It's the lil' details that catch my eye...

And thanks Shin John for the kid seat tips and the look at the accessories I NEED...gonna order after the Turkey day craziness is over.

Nice wheels Nestor...I didn't get to look at your van close enough but I know you've got some goodies in there...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:
Ditto! What a drive Janice! So are we making Janice an unofficial "bay area" resident now?
</font>
Did I mention I was born at the old Army hospital in the Presidio? That should make me a native right?!

We love the city...it's been about 3 years since we made the trip up there and it was a great ride. My older son only asked "are we there yet?" 3 times rather than 40 times
The RES was worth every penny!

Well since van is completely filthy now from the trip...yes dirtier than it was at the meet
and since I just got my Zaino stuff last night...gonna start scrubbin'..gently of course.

Again...great meeting everyone! If y'all ever make it down to Socal look us up. You have my e-mail.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts