Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Benz in Maple Ridge for the rebuild. It shifts great and they are good to deal with. If in the lower mainland, call them when your trans blows up. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Another reputable and long-time (40+ yrs) trannie shop is Stan's Transmission on Kingsway, btwn Fraser & Knight, in Vancouver. They rebuilt my Saab 9000's autobox and gave me a 60,000km/3-yr warranty on workmanship & parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
X2 for Benz in Maple Ridge. Had my wife's '87 Accord rebuilt there when it went. Benz knew exactly what the problem was as soon as I said "I have an '87 Accord" Had all the parts in stock, in and out in one day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the time (10+ years ago) it was $1200.00 at Benz. Count on it being more now (like everything else). Call them. I'm sure they can give you a price.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Another reputable and long-time (40+ yrs) trannie shop is Stan's Transmission on Kingsway, btwn Fraser & Knight, in Vancouver. They rebuilt my Saab 9000's autobox and gave me a 60,000km/3-yr warranty on workmanship & parts.
how much does stans and benz roughly charge to rebuild a transmission? my 92 accord may need to be done.
At the time (summer 2002) it cost me $2800. But pricing would always vary depending on car and tranny problem. There's another place on Hastings just a few feet east of Clark called Lee's:

Lee's Auto Transmissions, Vancouver,BC

That also seems to have been there forever. Maybe get a 2nd quote from them too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our 98 Odyssey trans was rebuilt last October in Vic by Bullfrog. Cost was $3000 with a 1yr parts/labour warranty. We've never had trans problems until owning this Ody, go figure! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts