Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am aware of the problems associated with the above listed problem. The sliding door is closed and latched fully, however I will occasionally, however it is happening more frequently, I will get the beep warning when I put it in gear, but I can silence it by turning the power off to the sliders using the switch on the dash. It seems to start up after the drivers side slider has been opened a couple of times. I also am aware that this problem can create a parasitic draw, which is now what I am experiencing. The battery will be dead if the vehicle is not started for two or three days. I keep seeing people mentioning a "Latch Control Module" in other threads, however no mention of part numbers are made, so it has made me a little confused, as "Latch Control Module is not mentioned in any parts diagrams or lists that I have seen. Are they referring to the motor and cable assembly that opens and closes the door or the control module for that assembly, or is it something located in the door itself. I am going to list some URL's to some parts, Please tell me what I should be looking at to purchase, as the parts diagrams look like a 4 year old drew them. No detail, just general shape.
If you know of any other sites that have better pictures of the parts or diagrams with more detail, please share them.
Thank You in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK....Considering the number of people that have had this same problem, on the same model, not a single one can give the correct part name, or the correct part numbers. There has to be a few actual Honda technicians on these boards that can chime in that are familiar with this....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: The correct part name for the rear latch on the drivers side power sliding door is:
Latch Assembly, L Slide Door (Power)
Part Number is 72650-SHJ-A22

Please note that the last three digits in the part number is the version. A22 is the current version which replaced the original version which was A21, so as time goes on, that part of the number may change again.

I am posting this information so if anyone else has the same or similar problem, this may give them a starting point, or at the very least, point them in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Thanks for the part number

What is involved in replacing that latch? Do you have to remove the door and open it up in a big surgery?

I get the intermittent beeping from time to time. Have tried spraying wd40 and then lube in there but hasn't fully fixed it. Maybe need to try again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, you don't need to remove the door, but you will need to remove the second row seat as you will be doing most of the work from inside with the door popped open a little. You will need to remove the trim around the window, the door handle and the door panel. You will also need to remove the vapor barrier to access the inside of the door. Try not to tear it as you will want to reinstall it. There will be six clips that hold two cables onto the door, one clip that hold both of the cables to the door handle assembly, two bolts inside the door and three bolts on the outside rear edge that hold the latch assembly to the door, and if you have a sliding window, one bolt that secure the bottom of the window track that will need to be moved to get the latch in or out. These bolts are all 10mm. The hardest part is getting the latch assembly past the window track.
There will also be two electrical connections on the latch assembly as well.

Sounds like a lot, but it only took about 1/2 hour to replace the assembly, just take your time, and pay attention, and you should be able to do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
No, you don't need to remove the door, but you will need to remove the second row seat as you will be doing most of the work from inside with the door popped open a little. You will need to remove the trim around the window, the door handle and the door panel. You will also need to remove the vapor barrier to access the inside of the door. Try not to tear it as you will want to reinstall it. There will be six clips that hold two cables onto the door, one clip that hold both of the cables to the door handle assembly, two bolts inside the door and three bolts on the outside rear edge that hold the latch assembly to the door, and if you have a sliding window, one bolt that secure the bottom of the window track that will need to be moved to get the latch in or out. These bolts are all 10mm. The hardest part is getting the latch assembly past the window track.
There will also be two electrical connections on the latch assembly as well.

Sounds like a lot, but it only took about 1/2 hour to replace the assembly, just take your time, and pay attention, and you should be able to do it yourself.
Thanks

Wow sounds ummm simple (not)

I think I'll try blasting it with lube again first before I consider the adventure you've described above

1 - 8 of 8 Posts