Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a tremendous amount of thought on this, I believe my 06 EX, and similar, are the best "bang for the buck". Why? Three main reasons:

1) No PAX!!! (biggest $ saver!)
2) No VCM (not really bad, but probably not worth the increased initial costs for what you get), and
3) '11 Models are fine, but you do lose some features to gain some, so, mostly just a trade off there.

I am happy we bought an '06 EX. Its paid for, and only has 47K on the odometer. Probably will keep it another 10+ years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You make some good points. All the EX's I see were bought at a pretty good discount- under $25k new- and have at least 80% of what makes these vans great. At 134k miles my '06 EX-L is sailing, I plan on having it forever. Yours should give you a lifetime of happy driving.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
LX rocks the value equation. And those massive, insufferably heavy doors have nicely toned my wife's arms! :stupid:

(Kidding, my 6 year old can easily operate them). Best of all, they still WORK without costing me money at 160,000 miles....

Wife does want the EX next time though. She doesn't like my idea of providing a milk crate for an 8th passenger seat....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rarely is the value "sweet spot" located at the bottom or top of the choice spectrum. The EX seems to have hit the sweet spot right on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts