Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I think we're finally ready for a SS EX-L. Any dealer recommendations for best prices/service in the Tacoma/Seattle Washington area?

·
Registered
317 Posts
soon2b, We got ours from renton honda, from speaking with coworkers, they say they have an excellent service department. we got an SS EXL-res for $500 over MSRP. They only gave us that after finding out we got the same price from Burien Honda, but burien never came thru with a van. THere were two dealers in Nov. that were willing to sell at MSRP, south tocoma honda and capitol city. I never got pass asking them the price since they both had a 3 month wait list. Renton was able to get me the van in I would say 2 months although that was partly our fault since we had told them we were not interested cause we already had a deposit with Burien. after burien fell thru we waited about 1.5 months. speak to richard ewing and tell him that you got his name thru the honda ody website and also tell him my name, ken YOung. he should remember me since we did alot of talking in the 2 months, him trying to get me to get a EX and have the IVES and leather put in later, etc. But at the end he was able to come thru. They also had the appearance package on the car when it came and a different sticker of MSRP + $1900. Fortunately he didn't even mention the appearnace package or the different price. the package, i could take or leave, its pin strips and wheel edge guards. looks okay but would look okay without it. good luck. Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have been looking for an EX-L also. I have been talking to Renton Honda and they are currently firm at +$1000, but you can get one quicker than other dealerships. South Tacoma and Capitol City (Olympia) have quoted me +$500, but there is a longer delay in delivery. Most every other dealer is at least +$1500

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry to hear that they have increased their prices. Try Burien and speak to Mike, he's the manager. We put a deposit on one MSRP + $500 but he was not able to get us the right colour after waiting a month. BUt as luck would have it Renton was willing to match their price and was able to get one before they could get us the right colour. you will probably get a call back from renton asking if you are still interested, just tell them you were able to get one for +$500 from another dealer and they should try and match it. Also, i have noticed that if you ask on the internet, the prices are better than going to speak to a saleman at the dealership. Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Soon2B
I really liked the folks at Renton Honda. Brian Reder in the internet department was very good to work with and there was no pressure. We were, however, able to find an 02 GG EX-L on the lot at Hinshaw's in Auburn and was able to negotiate a slightly better deal than with Renton Honda, without the wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts