Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some forum searching and found several different options for Double Din Installation Kits for the 07 Odyssey, including (Scosche, American International, Metra); but I want to know which one is the best quality and the best looking in the dash.
What I mean is that I want something that is not flimsy or rattling in the dash, and doesn't look out of place with the rest of the OEM plastic components in the dash. Please give me your thoughts and any comparisons if you can to these against the factory Nav plastic dash kit.

Thanks In Advance!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A bit late with the response but I was waiting for mine to come in and be installed before posting.

(I assume that an 07 has a similar/indentical dash layout to the 10's.)

Based on the pictures I found on this site, I wanted the Scosche HA1700B. I had to wait a week for it to come in as they didn't have it in stock at Audio Concepts (Calgary, Canada). I was tempted to go with the Metra they had in stock but held out for the Scosche.

When they called to say the install was complete the first thing he said how impressed he and the installer were with the kit, finish and match to the interior. After seeing it myself, I am extremely happy with it and glad I waited the week.

Based on the pictures on this site, it seemed that with the other kits the deck faceplate stuck out from the back edge of trim kit. With the Scosche kit, the edge of the deck face plate is essentially flush with the back edge of the trim. Not sure that makes sense. If you look at the American International (looks much like the Metra) you can see there is an inner edge at the back of the kit that would prevent the deck from sliding all the way back. The end result is that that it makes the deck look like it's not flush and therefore, sticking out a bit. Again, this opinion is just based on the pics I saw on this site when I was researching the same topic.

I'll try and take some pictures of my setup (DNX-6160) this weekend. I also self installed (vs. the deck and swi-jack, which were professionally installed) the Power Acoustik head rest DVD players.

Good Luck.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts