Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kids -

I apologize if this question is redundant but I must ask as I haven't seen this topic on the forum.

I have called many dealers in the So Cal area and only found one who was willing to sell at MSRP. (I've only called 6 at this point). Thats fine, given the current market its just that I'm expecting them to pull a fast one. The dealer who promised me one at MSRP was Corona Honda in Corona.

Anyone had any experience with them or ANY other So Cal dealer where you had a great experience with a great deal?

Would love to hear from my fellow 2002 So Cal Ody drivers.

I'm in the market for a 2002 GG EX-L RES.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gardena Honda, ask for James Wade. He's the best!

------------------
2001 GG EX -Sold
2002 GG EXL RES

·
Registered
9 Posts
Forgot to mention, both of my Odyssey's were purchased at Gardena Honda and with James Wade. You won't be disappointed. Happy shopping.

------------------
2001 GG EX -Sold
2002 GG EXL RES

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vjody2:
AT MSRP!

</font>
Thanks for the great info.

So what was the scoop? Did you play the waiting game, buy off the lot, etc.? More details please.

Just curious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vjody2:
AT MSRP!

</font>
vjody2:

Just noticed you live in the Bay Area. Where exactly is Gardena Honda?

P

·
0 Posts
A bit of a drive, but Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistano sells at MSRP with no forced options. Nice guys too.

Got our 02 RP EXL-RES from them in about two months.

Michelle

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wessloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano.

·
Registered
31 Posts
having faxed almost every dealership in So Ca the ones that contacted me that they sell at MSRP at

Robertson Honda in Palmdale - Jim Maze (people posted about him here - very nice guy)

Nelson Honda in El Monte - Speak to Mac. He is very nice and helped track down odys in redrock at other dealerships even though he wasn't going to get the commision.

Valencia Honda sold us ours at MSRP but we had to talk down the markup

Oxnard Honda requires a $500 deposit

Barber Honda in Bakersfield requires $100 deposit

Valley Hi in Victorville sells MSRP too

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OddGrinch:
having faxed almost every dealership in So Ca the ones that contacted me that they sell at MSRP at

Robertson Honda in Palmdale - Jim Maze (people posted about him here - very nice guy)

Nelson Honda in El Monte - Speak to Mac. He is very nice and helped track down odys in redrock at other dealerships even though he wasn't going to get the commision.

Valencia Honda sold us ours at MSRP but we had to talk down the markup

Oxnard Honda requires a $500 deposit

Barber Honda in Bakersfield requires $100 deposit

Valley Hi in Victorville sells MSRP too

Hope this helps!
</font>
Super Info Folks!

Thanks again for all of the help!

I'll let y'all know how I did in a month or sooner I hope.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First time around (2001) did the $500 deposit routine, wait time approx 2 mos. Second time around(2002/3 mos later), moved to top of waiting list and 1 month later took delivery of 2nd Odyssey. At the time, best deal (no negotiating in Bay Area) around plus I have family in So. Calif. Picked up new Odyssey and drove the family back with me for a visit!

------------------
2001 GG EX -Sold
2002 GG EXL RES

·
Registered
9 Posts
So Cal Ody Driver-
Gardena Honda is located in the city of Gardena, approx 20 mins from LAX.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We bought our 00 CSS Ody in May of 2000 at Norm Reeves and got it at MSRP. We got lucky that we didn't have to order it. They had just unloaded the Ody from the delivery truck. I want you to be aware that their finance department, at least when we bought the Ody, was a bit irritating in pushing us to buy the lojack security, service contract, clear coat protection, and interior protection. I adamantly, but politely, declined the offers. I was told by the salesman that all three southern CA Norm Reeves dealers do not add premiums to the MSRP.

Three weeks ago, I bought an 02 accord at Sierra Honda in Monrovia and had a great experience. I went there because they offer free lifetime oil change. I don't know when that offer will end. I pass that dealer every day and I seldom see an Ody on the lot.
You might want to call them and inquire as to their Ody inventory before you go there.

Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts