Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my week long ordeal (I know this is fairly short compared to many) is finally over. I am the proud owner of EX-L-RES-GG.
I probably called over 25+ dealers in the Bay Area. I also lurked on the website for a week or two before I began my shopping.
And although as others have mentioned Kastner and Ocean Honda were very helpful - their waitlist went into summer.

The Cheapest price I found within a 100 miles was Stockton Honda - they were willing to Sell for MSRP+250 - however I would have had to wait 10 days - not too long. But then on a whim I call Fresno - Clawson Honda - talk to David Miller - tell them Akshay sent you.

They had just got one that day I called - and were willing to sell it at MSRP.
Ended up having to pay them $100 extra for delivery to Milpitas - becuase it still hadn't been prep'd. But that was well worth it.

Now I need your guys help. I looking to add a few things - fog lights, cargo tray, etc...
What do the experienced owners reccomend as must have accessories and also - can someone reccomend a good place to get things like fog lights and towing package, etc... installed.

------------------
2002 Ody EX-L-RES-GG
2002 Acc EX-V6-SS

[This message has been edited by HondaNewBee (edited 03-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by HondaNewBee (edited 03-13-2002).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fresno! That's a lot further than I have tried. I think it's more than a 2 hour drive to get there. Out of curiosity, did you wire them money, send a check, or drive down there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shacky:
Fresno! That's a lot further than I have tried. I think it's more than a 2 hour drive to get there. Out of curiosity, did you wire them money, send a check, or drive down there?</font>
I did have to give them my credit card number to hold it. But that was once we agreed on the price and the car. They don't actually run the card. You do have to drive down their - it took 3 hrs with the little one in tow. I ended up paying them $100 to have it delivered - since the van hadn't been prep'd yet. But well worth it.

But once there - no hassles. He did try to sell me the warranty - but he was very upfront about it, I didn't feel pressured to buy it. I did endup buying it cause I do believe that it is worth the piece of mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts