Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are other people using for replacement windshield wiper blades? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome but before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there in the last year that are notable and I should take a look at? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I find that cheaper blades replaced more often are the best value proposition. The biggest improvement comes from really getting the windshield cleaned with a clay bar and then using a glass treatment.

·
Registered
415 Posts
All my replacement wipers are Bosch Icons. They never ever streak, chatter, stick, or flop around, they last much longer than cheaper brands, and with frequent sales and coupons, still cost about $10 a blade... or less. When the time comes to replace the wipers on the Ody, all three will be Icons. :DD

·
Registered
203 Posts
Goodyear blades at Costco $7.99. Similar design to Bosch Icon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My real question was is there anything brand new in the last year?

I actually started with rainx latitudes years ago but they were too stiff and had the largest, ugliest and cheesiest attachments ever. Then I spent the big bucks on icons and they were good but expensive. I switched from icons to neoforms about 3 years ago and imo they are slightly better at a lower price. Super quiet, smooth, excellent attachment without any snap on adapters. I've got a couple of weeks still before I order but was mainly seeing if there's something new I should research...otherwise I'll stick with the neoforms.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
1+,

If you are in town, get the refill from Honda dealer for $10.

If you are out town and need it quickly, then go for Bosch refill (at Autozone).
Bosch is used in Volvo, Mercedes, BMW etc. Good product.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use OEM refills. They work awesome and are 10 bucks at the dealer. P
Yep, I pay $11 and the dealer puts them on for free during one of my oil changes. I get about 6 months out of them with going through the car wash twice a month.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Ha,

My wiper refill usually lasts me 3 years.
Van usually parks inside the house when not driving.
The #1 killer of rubber is the Sun UV rays.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best Wiper Blades

Went on a mission to find special rear wiper blade for one of my 3 vehicles. Couldn't find them at any stores in my area. Wipers123 online had them in stock that fit exactly. At the same time picked up some one-piece wipers on the front and they also work well – all of the above were pleasant surprises I’ve been happy with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed, they're cheap, original and work well. What advantages could be gained by buying aftermarket???
I prefer the beam blades - especially in the wisconsin winters. They don't collect snow and ice in the frames and if they do, one simple snap against the glass and everything comes off. They're also quieter than the oldschool framed wipers. Different strokes for different folks but I really like the neoforms.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been using Bosch Icon's on my cars for several years and am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sticking with the neoforms at wipers123. I think its worth a little bit more for easy purchasing and great customer service (they actually answer email questions and ship quickly...so rare nowadays).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts