Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We discussed exterior treatments in another thread. How about the inside? What's the best stuff for the dashboard and other hard plastic surfaces. How about the leather and vinyl surfaces?

·
Registered
739 Posts
In the "armor-all" category, absolute best stuff- and have tried a lot- is Cycle Care Leather, Vinyl & Rubber Conditioner :

Cycle Care: Leather, Vinyl & Rubber Conditioner (Formula 4) - 8oz

Never glossy, takes so little product to get a great clean, treat and look, has a little smell but not bad, can do leather and dash at same time. This bottle is a bit pricey, but my one bottle has lasted me 3 years and I use it a lot on two cars and a motorcycle. Always spray it on the cloth, not on the dash. Finished dash gets a nice almost matte-like finish that is not tacky, literally or figuratively.

I use the Lexol clean and treat on the seats 2x per year.

On a different note, have yet to find a product that can do the inside windshield streak free...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I use leather master cleaner and protector.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The "best" is subjective.
See what I mean? Everyone uses a different product. And everyone will claim their choice is the best. Most products are more than adequate. It usually comes down to personal preference. Try a few different products and see which suits your needs best. Even see if some friends have some products that they'll let you try out, for free. You, too, will find a favorite. And then *that* product will be *your* best! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
We discussed exterior treatments in another thread. How about the inside? What's the best stuff for the dashboard and other hard plastic surfaces. How about the leather and vinyl surfaces?
For leather I like to use this:

Passier® Lederbalsam Leather Conditioner < Leather Conditioners < Horse Tack|Dover Saddlery.

I used it for 10 years on my ex-Saab 9000 which had very nice leather made by Bridge of Weir in Scotland. Stuff works like a charm. It'd be overkill on Ody's leather, but Passier has no chemical smells and is easy (and economical) to use. I usually let it soak through the leather surfaces overnight for best effect.

Make sure you clean the leather surfaces first ! Lexol makes a good leather cleaner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Plastic treatment

Living out here in Colorado i tend to use Lemon Pledge, works great as long as you don't spray it inside the car. Spray it on a cloth and then take it to the plastics. Otherwise the 303 treatment works great also, just stay away from Armor All stuff it tends to have Alcohol in it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have used Griots interior cleaner for cleaning and it works really well. As for a protectant I have never used it but many say 303 is awesome. For vinyl part of seats Lexol vinyl cleaner/protector is good and the leather parts there are so many brands to choose from.

For rubber mats I use Griots rubber cleaner since using soap can dry out the rubber.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For windows I use Zep Professional glass cleaner with a glass towel and waffle weave towel, interior I clean with steam or a diluted APC like Optimum Power clean or Meguiars and treat with either Finish Kare 108, Optimum Protectant Plus or Meguiars Quick interior or M40

·
Registered
103 Posts
Leatherique for leather and Connoisseurs Choice for the plastics.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

·
Registered
174 Posts
Frankly, the leather in our vehicles is heavily coated for durability. Leather products are largely useless on this type of leather. Keep your leather clean. That is all the maintenance it requires. It will last you for years. 303 for all interior plastics and rubber seals. Is is lower gloss but does have some level of gloss. If you want to make it matte, wipe over with a clean dry microfiber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts