Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. 2015 Odyssey ready for it's first replacement timing belt, pump, tensioner, and plugs. What is the best timing belt kit, and the best tensioner to use? The Honda brand parts are a rip. I've seen some people say Aisin brand. Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Aisin from RockAuto. Watch out for eBay and Amazon counterfeits. Try the search bar as you plan your projects, this forum is loaded with good info.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yes the Rock Auto ASIN kit is the go to if your not going with OEM Honda. The problem as stated is there are tons of fake Honda stamped parts out there that it’s easy to think the OEM stuff may be a better deal.

I think ASIN makes the actual parts for Honda so not a bad choice. I’ve got two changes and 100,s of thousand miles on my kits and still counting.

You want to avoid the low dollar deals as we have heard all too often of motor seizing up after as little as 20K miles after a timing belt was replaced. Nearly every instance was an EBay or Amazon purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all , so I'm getting a knocking noise on cold start up now I'm at 79k on odometer , so I'm shopping for that kit AISIAN it's not showing on rockauto site

·
Registered
271 Posts
If it's not showing up it's most likely out of stock. Wait for it to come back.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
At Rock, do a p/n search for TKH-002. If it shows out of stock, it will offer to notify you when back in stock. Do it, and act quickly when notified. Rock only shows in stock items on a vehicle search.

Reactions: Juggawut

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,955 Posts
Hi all , so I'm getting a knocking noise on cold start up now I'm at 79k on odometer , so I'm shopping for that kit AISIAN it's not showing on rockauto site
You can also just replace the tensioner and then do the whole kit at 105k miles. The tensioner can be replaced without major engine disassembly.

-Charlie

Reactions: Juggawut
1 - 8 of 8 Posts