Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many dealers were told this week that they would not got their requested allotment for next month due to the earthquake and Japan and the consequent shortage of some parts. As a result, some are taking advantage of the situation by raising prices. I had a quote from Mahwah (NJ) Honda for $41,000 for an Elite. They just told me they are raising the price to $43,000. Probably not a good time to buy as you will have little bargaining power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Old news. When I bought mine on March 31st. Many dealers did not budge, and were very reluctant to honor their quotes three days ago. Many dealerships sold out their Odyssey inventory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's awful news Jeff S. Sorry for your misfortune, and I'm glad I made the decision to buy today before any prices were raised.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Many dealers were told this week that they would not got their requested allotment for next month due to the earthquake and Japan and the consequent shortage of some parts. As a result, some are taking advantage of the situation by raising prices. I had a quote from Mahwah (NJ) Honda for $41,000 for an Elite. They just told me they are raising the price to $43,000. Probably not a good time to buy as you will have little bargaining power.
Two weeks ago my dealer wouldn't budge on Touring pricing. However, he was more than willing to do a deal on an EX-L w/ navigation as they had 15 in stock. I agree that this will change as the number of new Odyssey's showing up on dealer lots decreases.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Why would you buy from a dealer that does this? Tell them go *%#* themselves and get a Toyota

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

I made a few phone calls today and got a quote on the exact same van that Mahwah Honda F*&#$ me on for $1k cheaper than Mahwah's original price. I guess it is not all dealers that are reacting this way.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I made a few phone calls today and got a quote on the exact same van that Mahwah Honda F*&#$ me on for $1k cheaper than Mahwah's original price. I guess it is not all dealers that are reacting this way.
So, when you buying it?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Still working on my wife. She is minivan averse.

When I bought my '02 EX-L back in 2003, we were the same way, SUV or Van. But anyway I sliced it, the van keep winning. Once you get used to space and versatility, you'll never look back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm glad we got ours at the beginning of March. Sometimes good things come to those we get the worm...or the early bird should wait...mixing my idioms. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
2011 touring price

some dealers are azzh*les, some are not.

i live in houston. lucky enough to have lots of honda dealers around.

if you are looking for anything other than touring models then you should get one at a fair price (about 300 bucks over invoice).

Touring models are being sold here for 1000 to 1500 over invoice. Some dealers here want MSRP and their crazy high prices for the accessories they add on to pad their profit margin.

after visiting my 4th honda dealership i got a touring model in the color i wanted (celestial blue) for 800 bucks over invoice and the accessories they wanted to add at the dealer's cost price. the only thing is that i have to wait up to 6 weeks for it come in.

hopefully other prospective odyssey touring/touring elite buyers can get a better deal than i did. let me know if you did. congrats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in northern NJ so have about 10 dealers within 25 miles. I found an Elite in the color I want for $800 over invoice. Just need to make sure they will give me fair value for my trade-in.

·
Registered
427 Posts
When I bought my '02 EX-L back in 2003, we were the same way, SUV or Van. But anyway I sliced it, the van keep winning. Once you get used to space and versatility, you'll never look back.
Agreed... van has far more room than the Pilot.. Only thing the Pilot has going for it is AWD, which I haven't really needed that often. Van drives better, more car like.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i am actually thinking about Mercedes R350, with AWD, the base starts @ just over $50k :p
Yes, and the base Oddy starts at just under $28k.

To equip an R350 to the same level as a Oddy Touring you have to add about $12k to $13k in options to that $50k base price. You are looking at around $62k+. Not to mention that maintenance is far more expensive than Honda Maintenance. Gas mileage is horrendous compared to the Oddy.. 15 city and 19 highway EPA.

As for performance, the R350 is about the same as the Oddy... around 8 seconds.. 0-60....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yes, and the base Oddy starts at just under $28k.

To equip an R350 to the same level as a Oddy Touring you have to add about $12k to $13k in options to that $50k base price. You are looking at around $62k+. Not to mention that maintenance is far more expensive than Honda Maintenance. Gas mileage is horrendous compared to the Oddy.. 15 city and 19 highway EPA.

As for performance, the R350 is about the same as the Oddy... around 8 seconds.. 0-60....
I think... no I HOPE, he was joking. I test drove the R350, wow what a failure that is. 3 row isn't good, trunk space with 3rd row up is great if all you need is 2-3 grocery bags. The ride was far from smooth, I also can't stand the gas pedal (my mom's Diesel ML is the same). It needs excessive travel to respond in my opinion. The steering feedback reminded me of playing computer games with my none force feedback steering wheel. Also to me, the seats are too hard. lastly, like Oddy03 said everything is an option.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Honda Odyssey minivan sales are up 20% from February to March 2011. Sales of the Odyssey were narrowly beaten by the Sienna in February but came out slightly ahead in March.

If counted separately, Odyssey sales beat both the Caravan and T&C. If combined, the Odyssey sells slightly more than half of the Chrysler minivan siblings.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts