Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 2 pair of TSA-1965 6.5" speakers from autotoys.com. After being charged $15.95 for UPS GROUND shipping, I opened the box and had (1) pair of TSA-1665s which are about half the price and one pair TSA-1965s.
Unfortunately I ordered and was charged for the more expensive speakers. So now I cannot install the speakers and am having to dispute the charges with AMEX. Several emails have gone unanswered from this company that is "committed to customer satisfaction" Anyway-sometimes an inexpensive product is offered because a company is not spending money elsewhere-in this case customer service and shipping cheaper and inferior product while charging me for a more expensive product.

I will gladly pay the extra $50 bucks or so from Crutchfield to get what I ordered and get the service I deserve.
Buyers beware-I thought this was a reputable company based on the numerous posts I have seen on this board-they are NOT.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yeah, we went over this before. Toyman came in and tried to save his reputation, but pretty much failed. It was a matter of too little too late.

Your story is just icing on the cake.

Don't go to Crutchfield; go to discountsjungle.com and see what you can find. I'm very happy with their service AND prices.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got good service and good pricing from millionbuy.com for the Pioneer 1665 front speakers. Also had bad experience with autotoys.com. Good luck.

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
I ordered 2 pair of TSA-1965 6.5" speakers </font>
You mean 1695's right?

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also had a bad experience from autotoys.
I ordered and paid for an item in full about 2 months ago. After I paid, was then told it was on backorder. I wrote back for reimbursement, but no one returned mail. Finally received item 3 days ago.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, me too. I ordered an Alpine cd receiver from them (becoz of their "Good price") back some time agi. WHen I get that, not only the chase was bent, CD player wasn't working (after I installed it), and the most important thing, they scratched off the factory serial number!!!!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z32:
they scratched off the factory serial number!!!!!! </font>
Wow! That's not a good sign. Can anyone think up a reasonable explaination for scratching off a factory serial number. Come on here. Are these guys ligit? Only two things come to mind here. Stollen goods or grey market. Thanks for the heads up. I'll definately take my business elsewhere.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it took 3 weeks to finally get the right speakers sent from them. If it looks like a rat, walks like a rat....it probbly is a rat. I think I saved about $40 but it sure wasnt worth the grief. ZERO customer service.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
......and even when you do get the part you ordered in a timely fashion, they overcharge for shipping.

Compare the $13 dollars they charged me for shipping a pair of speakers to the $7 dollars a company in Florida charged to ship me a 30 pound computer case.

And add an incomprehensible web site and ..... NAH!

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can one of the moderators take these clowns off of the link list? We don't want any of our members to make the mistake of even entering this site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts