Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year folks. Anyway, so I took my fam Christmas shopping last week. I parked the van, made sure doors were locked, windows up, then we left to shop for 6 hours. We came back to see to our surprise that ALL the windows were down!! Luckily nothing was missing inside.

The Unlock button was accidentally pressed and held down somehow in my pocket. Just letting you guys know be aware of it and not to stuff a bunch of things in your pocket so it doesn't press buttons. cheers.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've read a thread way back-- but didn't really pay attention what was the cause. So, its just an accidental press of the button?....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To roll the windows down, you have to press AND hold the unlock button to the desired position of the windows. It is possible for that to engage in ones pocket or purse. Other objects in your pocket can engage that button such as other keys hitting it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You know, most people I run across with Honda or Acura cars dont know about this feature. I love it most of the time, its great when you are walking up to the vehicle on a hot day and can get a jump start on cooling it down by rolling the windows down. My very basic accord has this feature, but the Odyssey LX I bought doesnt, but I really wish it did. That being said, I came home on a very cold day to find all the windows on my accord down. I think one of the kids may have found a key. I dont like seeing frost on the inside of my car.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I find the remote buttons to be a little to sensitive. I've had the key in my pocket only to come back and find one of the sliding doors open. After it happened twice, I reprogrammed the Odyssey's behavior to require two clicks instead of one to unlock the van. I couldn't take the chance of something getting stolen.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I find the remote buttons to be a little to sensitive. I've had the key in my pocket only to come back and find one of the sliding doors open. After it happened twice, I reprogrammed the Odyssey's behavior to require two clicks instead of one to unlock the van. I couldn't take the chance of something getting stolen.

You have to hold the sliding door buttons to open them. As for the unlock button, even if you hit it multiple times, the doors re-lock automatically if nothing has been opened for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry if I was not clear. I changed the sliding doors to only open after the car was unlocked. The default setting was for the doors to open with just one long press of the sliding door button on the remote. Sometimes this button would accidentally get pressed in my pocket (for a few seconds) and the sliding doors would open without me even realizing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha. The first week I owned my Ody I left it parked in the garage at work only to find the rear tailgate open when I got off for the day. I thought someone else had the same remote as me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha. The first week I owned my Ody I left it parked in the garage at work only to find the rear tailgate open when I got off for the day. I thought someone else had the same remote as me.
Yup, I'm telling ya buddy watch out of them buttons. =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts