Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I checked ubid and found the Jensen KVM68U only at $53 for the final bid. I was getting out all my credit card until later when I found out that they don't ship to Canada. What should I do ? Can anyone help me? Maybe I can get them to ship to you guys and then u can mail them to me ? I will pay all the shipping of course ! Can anyone help me ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
I'm willing to look into it for you. See if shipping from the Detroit area is possible and what it'll cost. If it's just a normal UPS deal I'll pass it on for you.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chunk ! When you got the prices, tell me ASAP so I can get them on ubid. THANK YOU SO MUCH !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Thanks Chunk ! </font>
LOL!

Chuck, put the Twinkie down and back away slowly ...


------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Hey guys, I checked ubid and found the Jensen KVM68U only at $53 for the final bid. I was getting out all my credit card until later when I found out that they don't ship to Canada. What should I do ? Can anyone help me? Maybe I can get them to ship to you guys and then u can mail them to me ? I will pay all the shipping of course ! Can anyone help me ???</font>
Did you actually win it at $53?

I found uBid to be weird way to auction since you are buying it from uBid. What's to keep them from biding against you when the price it too low. Also hard to check winning price of past auctions. I've seen the Jensen go for $264 to $384. Based on time of your post, looks like you were looking in the middle of the night when almost every one is sleeping and a low price will happen then if uBid doesn't pump. Don't know how many they have but one comes up every hour just about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
LOL!

Chuck, put the Twinkie down and back away slowly ...


</font>
That's as bad as my high school yearbook. They had my name as "Church Konarske" under my picture.


------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 04-30-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Thanks Chunk ! When you got the prices, tell me ASAP so I can get them on ubid. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! </font>
You'll need to get that info on your end.

Use Canton, MI, 48187 as point of origin, but you need size and weight of package, etc.



------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
I've just about had it with 'CA of Fort Collins CO' over on uBID.


Everytime I bid a low price on either the Mobile Authority or KVM68U, it immediately gets bumped way up to several hundred dollars in price. This tells me either (a) this is the guy selling them & he's got some automated process to keep from selling the merchandise too low or (b) this guy is buying these things by the truckload and has some kind of 'bot that keeps bidding on these every hour.

At any rate, I'll keep trying (got a month or 2 to kill...) & see if I can't 'slip one in' at a cheap price since it seems other have done it.

Anyone else noticed this guy's name coming up over & over on these auctions?

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 05-06-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Yup. I just started bidding for one.

I noticed the name the last two times that I've tried. I didn't realize this guy has been doing this for some time. How many do you know he's gotten? What do they end up going for most of the time?

I was just about to ask if it was exindenver. (How close is Fort Collins to Denver?)

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior/Wings West Kit

[This message has been edited by Lorax (edited 05-06-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lorax:
Yup. I just started bidding for one.

I noticed the name the last two times that I've tried. I didn't realize this guy has been doing this for some time. How many do you know he's gotten? What do they end up going for most of the time?

I was just about to ask if it was exindenver. (How close is Fort Collins to Denver?)

</font>
No, that Fort Collins fellow is not me. I've noticed his bids when I was trying to get one a week or so ago.

I noticed one of the Jensen went for $459 today to lw of Freedon NY. Much more than the usual range of $234 to $339.

The units ship from uBid's warehouse so I'm assuming uBid is auctioning the units or is doing it on behalf of someone with a big supply. I thought there was something funny going on at uBid (like the Bot idea) until lookinco from Vancouver BC indicated he bought one for $54 a few day after I got mine for $279.

I should have held out for lower but $279 was about the lowest winning bid when I was looking. I also felt it was a reasonable price and didn't want to be held hostage in front of the computer by uBid.

nyvram, hang in there if you want it for your price. Maybe you'll get lucky like lookinco.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top