Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havn't posted here hardly at all. honestly, I haven't needed to do anything to the van in 5 yrs, so I usually just come around to see what everyone is talking about. 83K and still no problems at all.

I browsed through all the IPOD posts before finally buying the Blitzsafe model for Odysseys. I'll tell ya, I can't believe I waited this long. I have 6 disc CD changer with RES. Radio has the AUX/XM button, but I don't have the XM receiver.. Looked under the driver's side today before I started pulling the radio and found the blue-taped XM plug. Blitzsafe is now shipping their module with a Y-cable with male and female 14-pin connectors. Plugged the module in, pressed the AUX/XM button. CD4 displayed on the radio and the IPOD was playing through all the speakers. SUCCESS!!!

Thanks to the guys that did all the trail runs.

Ben (aka Bose)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto here. Installed the Blitzsafe AUX package today on my LX, total time (including trip to store for cable to connect ipod to radio): 70 minutes. I've done a lot of DIY mods to cars over the years and this one was about the easiest. Popped off the heater control cover, three screws and the radio was out. Plugged into the back of stereo, ran wires to the storage bin where I wanted them and put it all back together.

Wife and kids already in love with having ipod and Droid connections to the radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bose said:
Havn't posted here hardly at all. honestly, I haven't needed to do anything to the van in 5 yrs, so I usually just come around to see what everyone is talking about. 83K and still no problems at all.

I browsed through all the IPOD posts before finally buying the Blitzsafe model for Odysseys. I'll tell ya, I can't believe I waited this long. I have 6 disc CD changer with RES. Radio has the AUX/XM button, but I don't have the XM receiver.. Looked under the driver's side today before I started pulling the radio and found the blue-taped XM plug. Blitzsafe is now shipping their module with a Y-cable with male and female 14-pin connectors. Plugged the module in, pressed the AUX/XM button. CD4 displayed on the radio and the IPOD was playing through all the speakers. SUCCESS!!!

Thanks to the guys that did all the trail runs.

Ben (aka Bose)
Ben,
I'm also looking at doing an install using the XM connector. Where did you place the actual adapter (velcro under the dash?) and then where did you place the cable running to your ipod? under the mat, along the panel by the side of your right knee? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's an empty spot just under the steering column. You could use velcro, but I just found a wire bindle and zip-tied the box to it.

I did run the cable along the lower dash trim and up along the center console by my right leg. It's not the cleanest, but it doesn't bother us. Once it warms up enough to work outside, I'm probably going to run it behind the console and bring it up into the storage box under the AC controls.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1/28/11 just did the USA Hon15 interface on my 2007. I don't have Nav, but have the Aux switch for satellite. As I don't have satellite, I used that option to activate iPod. I velcroed the back of the adapter box, and stuck it just inside the plastic panel to right of gas pedal. I drilled a hole in the black plastic top of the center cubbyhole, and put my iPod hook up wire in there. Works fine, and I left enough wire in the cubbyhole so passenger can play with iPod.
Thanks, all who posted in advance on this project, Went as you forecast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts