Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 Odyssey Touring and inwas thinking about adding a little bass to the back. I have searched everywhere for a diagram of wiring of where everything routes for the battery terminals so I can do the Big Three. I know one lead for the negative battery is directly across from the battery but not sure where the rest lead.

Has anyone else done this? I thought about making a video and putting it on youtube. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel like the big three should be done on most vehicles. Even without systems. It’s cheap and vastly improves electrical gremlins that may pop up. Do the video!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi TJsHonda, did you make the upgrade and also that video on YouTube if you actually did it?
I only did one wire so far but I ran 0 gauge from the front to the back of the vehicle. I couldn't find a grommet big enough to go through with the 0 so I ran it under the van. Its been 2 months and no issues yet.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I only did one wire so far but I ran 0 gauge from the front to the back of the vehicle. I couldn't find a grommet big enough to go through with the 0 so I ran it under the van. Its been 2 months and no issues yet.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk
Why did you do that... dont think that is part of the "big 3" and conclusive tests have shown no cable size has less resistance than the unibody of the vehicle. Leave the cable in place though, you can use it to hook up auxiliary batteries in the rear.
I have a pair of 6v golf cart batteries in the 3rd row seat tub that I power fans, a projector, and a national luna 12v fridge/freezer with. You have to have a dc to dc charger to do that right, the redarc unit I have was $500 but works well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
On the subject of wire do not waste your money on any junky chinese car audio cable because it claims to be OFC or any other mysterious voodoo like claims.
Use welding cable. Its cheaper and much better quality, especially the insulation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big 3 is easy. Negative battery to chassis. Negative battery to engine. Positive battery to alternator output post. For cheaper wire go to a welding supply company and get 2/0 welding leads. 2/0 welding leads = 1/0 car audio wire for sizing. The welding store should also have the terminals for the ends. There are multiple videos the tube that show how to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts