Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2005 Honda Odyssey EX with approximately 170,000 miles on it is doing this really bizarre thing. This first happened about 6 months ago and has started happening about once a week. You turn the key to start the engine and the engine will not turn over. Dash lights go out, only the red gauge pointers are lit. Sometimes all of dash lights will flash wildly accompanied by a loud clicking noise that seems to come from behind the dash after repeated attempts to start.

The van will eventually start. The CD player will make sounds like the disk is changing and the van starts. The battery has plenty of charge to turn the starter with no difficulty but I have to re-enter the code like when you disconnect the battery. The gauge for the battery indicates that it is charging properly and I've seen no fluctuation on the gauge either. Has anyone seen this before? With the exception of this problem the vehicle has been fantastic.

·
Registered
755 Posts
^ that or maybe loose battery cables?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a similar issue when my '09 was practically new to me. Upon looking at the battery cables, the red plastic protective cover for the positive terminal was hiding a LOT of corrosion - in fact, enough corrosion to the point where the cable end needed to be replaced. Once that was done and there was a nice, reliable connection, everything was just fine.

Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts