Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to troubleshoot irksome issue-likely self inflicted.

2007 Odyssey Touring with NAV and RES. We have the under passenger seat subwoofer. Battery went completely dead. (Turns out it was due to A/C Clutch relay) Tried to jump, got lots of sparks, blew the 120/70 battery fuse. Replaced fuse, replaced relay, replaced battery. Everything now fine except no sound. Radio comes on, all functions work, just no sound. Checked # 5 and # 32 fuses, looked good, replaced anyway, did not fix issue. Read on this forum might have blown internal radio amp, replaced with new radio, still exact same issue.

If I plug in a pair of headphones in the back, there is sound that comes out of those, just no sound from the speakers.

Any suggestions before I have to resort to the dealership?
Is there a fuse I am missing that controls the external amp (I assume there is an external amp but I don't know the location?) or the sub/speakers?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you SO much! I have searched multiple threads on this and other sites with many people having the same problem of radio on but no sound and nobody ever mentioned anything about that fuse so I truly hope this thread helps someone else in the future. I replaced the fuse and now have sound again. The fuse was in the SMALL underhood fuse box and was not labeled "AMP" it was labeled "Premium" In that same small box, the 7.5 amp fuse for the rear entertainment system was also blown. Again, thanks so much! You saved me a costly trip to the dealer!

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
Did you put the jumper cables on backwards? There's no reason that jump starting would cause sparks like that and blow a 120/70 fuse unless the cables were backwards..You're lucky you didn't fry the engine computer or othermodules.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. The cables were correct. All I can think is that the battery had a short or broken cell or something similar....perhaps caused by the bad A/C relay which can cause a rapid and heavy draw on the battery. It was a new battery, only two weeks old when it died completely. Would not accept a trickle charge, nothing. Totally dead and I tried to jump it on the off chance that it might work but obviously it did not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1999 Ody having the same problem. Entered code/reset radio after bty disconnect. Radio powers on, but no sound. I searched manual and all three fuse boxes, but can't find the radio amp fuse. Help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts