Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 Ody EX the left lane change blinker is not working correctly. When the blinker arm is partially pushed down to change lanes, the left arrow does not come on. When the arm is pushed down harder, the left light will occasionally blink on/off(usually does not come on at all).

Suggestions on what the problem is and how to repair it? Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On my 2003 Ody EX the left lane change blinker is not working correctly. When the blinker arm is partially pushed down to change lanes, the left arrow does not come on. When the arm is pushed down harder, the left light will occasionally blink on/off(usually does not come on at all).

Suggestions on what the problem is and how to repair it? Thanks.
I'm still hoping that someone can provide me with some direction on fixing my blinker issue. I have checked the blubs, front and back, and they are both working fine. The hazard lights are working ok. Could the problem possibly be the turn signal switch or the turn signal relay? How can these things be checked? Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
To me it sounds like the problem is within the switch. It may be a PITA, but if you DIY it might not be that expensive! I love going to my Pick-a-Part yard for many parts that I need. By pulling out the donor switch you can learn how to take apart the covers from the steering wheel column without scratching up your covers. You can also see how the switch and cable come out and are mounted. Having trouble getting to it or getting it out? Move to a different Ody donor. It might take an hour or two at the yard, but should make your replacement much quicker!
I do like Stan's link, do the troubleshooting first to verify where the problem is. The hazard/blinker relay is easier to get to! (I modified my RA1 relay when I installed LED turn signals to fix the 'hyper-flashing'!)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Many years ago, changed the turn signal/head light switch on my 2001. Check out you tube. Actually verify easy.
Only hard part was "pulling" out the switch from the steering wheel column. Kept looking for a tab or something to push in to release the switch. Ending up, just giving it a hard pull. New one just pops back in.

Other concern. Honda dealer would not take back new part, if that was not the problem. But it sounds like in your case, and description of the problem, the switch is bad.

Good luck.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Probably the turn stalk. My son happened to be the one driving when ours broke. Our instance involved the high beam. It broke with the highs on, which sucks more than if lows were on permanently. $60 stalk at Rockauto, but be forewarned, the replacement broke withing a few months, so I had to do a warranty return, and they suck when it comes to shipping on returns, so you might want to look for a replacement stalk elsewhere, but I bet that's your problem. The hardest part is putting the steering column halves back together and getting them to fit over the ignition cylinder.
Its pretty common. Our Mazda5 had a broken right turn.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have this problem when signaling for a right turn? If not, the flasher unit should be ok, and I would pay attention to how the switch feels as you push it down. If it feels mushy, not clicking in place or doesn't feel like it's engaging properly I'd think it is the switch, which would probably an expensive PITA to replace.

Check this out, https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/left-turn-signal-not-working-2407618/

Good luck with it.
I don't have a problem signaling for a right turn. The switch seems to feel fine. I push the switch down to the stop position(prior to pushing all of the way down to the constant left blinker position) and the blinker light on the dash blinks a coupe of times and stops flashing. If I fiddle with the switch a bit, the light flashes of/off a few times and usually stops all together.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Probably the turn stalk. My son happened to be the one driving when ours broke. Our instance involved the high beam. It broke with the highs on, which sucks more than if lows were on permanently. $60 stalk at Rockauto, but be forewarned, the replacement broke withing a few months, so I had to do a warranty return, and they suck when it comes to shipping on returns, so you might want to look for a replacement stalk elsewhere, but I bet that's your problem. The hardest part is putting the steering column halves back together and getting them to fit over the ignition cylinder.
Its pretty common. Our Mazda5 had a broken right turn.
I used OEM, from dealer. Similar issues. 2001. Stalk, "switch", fixed the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts